Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I only have 1100 miles on my car and just got a air bubble on the front drivers tire. I'm planning on replacing it asap but don't know if it's okay to just replace one, it's preferred cause I'm on a budget. Help me out folks thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
474 Posts
So I only have 1100 miles on my car and just got a air bubble on the front drivers tire. I'm planning on replacing it asap but don't know if it's okay to just replace one, it's preferred cause I'm on a budget. Help me out folks thanks in advance.

Absolutely fine to replace just one. The owners supplement says the RS can tolerate any combination of worn/unworn tires that are all of the same make/model/size. Especially with 1100 miles where you barely have any wear you should be just fine.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Absolutely fine to replace just one. The owners supplement says the RS can tolerate any combination of worn/unworn tires that are all of the same make/model/size. Especially with 1100 miles where you barely have any wear you should be just fine.
Thanks my man I really appreciate that! Any idea where I can get the tire I need? It's too late to call tire places around here so I might just call tomorrow super early

·
Registered
353 Posts

Is it a tire defect or overuse/impact? I would see if Michelin will replace or prorate it before I just shell out for a new one. The tire is warrantied. Where is the bubble? Pic would be nice.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is it a tire defect or overuse/impact? I would see if Michelin will replace or prorate it before I just shell out for a new one. The tire is warrantied. Where is the bubble? Pic would be nice.
It was from hitting a pothole, I live in LA which sucks for these tires cause they're all over the place. I'll post a pic tomorrow the neighborhood I live in is ghetto so I park it a few blocks away lol

·
Registered
474 Posts
^^he has a good point, see if you can get it covered under warranty.

If you have to pay, I like tirerack.com for best prices (usually) , but they probably won't be the cheapest if you have to pay for overnight shipping. You can try discount tire or tire barn, they might have what you need in stock. Some dealers also price match, in which case you could take the tirerack.com price (or any other, but tire rack is usually among the best pricewise) into the dealer and get them to match it.

This is new ground for me, I've always had a spare before so I'm not sure the best way to handle an emergency tire need, but those are my best suggestions.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^^he has a good point, see if you can get it covered under warranty.

If you have to pay, I like tirerack.com for best prices (usually) , but they probably won't be the cheapest if you have to pay for overnight shipping. You can try discount tire or tire barn, they might have what you need in stock. Some dealers also price match, in which case you could take the tirerack.com price (or any other, but tire rack is usually among the best pricewise) into the dealer and get them to match it.

This is new ground for me, I've always had a spare before so I'm not sure the best way to handle an emergency tire need, but those are my best suggestions.
Do you think they'll replace the tire even if I hit a pothole?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I didn't see your response about the pothole, but it's worth a shot. Worst they say is no and then you need to buy a new one.
Very true my friend. I'll give them a call first thing in the morning and update you on what they say

·
Registered
911 Posts
In my location, I know of 2 RS owners that have replaced their tires in favor of all seasons. If you can't get Ford to replace your tire then looks on craigs-list. The stock tires are very expensive.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
because of a pothole ALOT of towns / counties, states, Local DOT will replace the tire because of the pothole, as it is their responsibility to make sure there are no potholes

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Remember that these are SPECIAL MPSS tires for the RS. I know Tirerack carries them but other stores may not....you'll need to check.

The best pricing I've found on these is ~ $255 shipped/tire.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Be weary of getting "just any" Pilot Super Sport from a local tire shop. Michelin makes multiple part numbers in 235/35R19 for different manufacturers. I can't say if you'll every notice a difference in wear, grip, etc., but my OCD would make me buy the RS OE Pilot Super Sport if I was replacing just one.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
because of a pothole ALOT of towns / counties, states, Local DOT will replace the tire because of the pothole, as it is their responsibility to make sure there are no potholes
Any idea on how I can get them to reimburse me?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Remember that these are SPECIAL MPSS tires for the RS. I know Tirerack carries them but other stores may not....you'll need to check.

The best pricing I've found on these is ~ $255 shipped/tire.
Yeah I know they're special, I'm triple checking with all the places I have call. Most of the employees are like "yeah sure we got them" then I let them know what vehicle it's for and they're puzzled that a Focus uses big tires lol

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Be weary of getting "just any" Pilot Super Sport from a local tire shop. Michelin makes multiple part numbers in 235/35R19 for different manufacturers. I can't say if you'll every notice a difference in wear, grip, etc., but my OCD would make me buy the RS OE Pilot Super Sport if I was replacing just one.
Any way you can hook me up with the part number? All I'm asking for is MPSS in 235/35ZR/19 (91Y)

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
No idea how your city does it, can try your city Hall, or call your citys Dept of transportation

I googled it and came up with http://www.dot.ca.gov/damageClaimsFAQ.htm

But that's if your profile city location is in LA california
Any idea on how I can get them to reimburse me?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 43 Posts