Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally about to wear out the stock PSS, looking for some ideas.

Currently, since I live in SoCal, I'm thinking All-Season because I go dirt/gravel sometimes. Maybe even all-weather. I definitely don't need Snow performance, maybe except once a year.

The other thing is I'm curious what a decent gravel tire is that I can fit on 17x8.

Size: 245/45/17

Tops for all season:

Goodyear Eagle Exhilarate
Continental DWS06 Plus

Tops for all weather:

Nokian WR G4

I would like to get Michelin PSAS4 but they don't make the size I want.

·
Premium Member
5,411 Posts

Currently, since I live in SoCal, I'm thinking All-Season because I go dirt/gravel sometimes. Maybe even all-weather. I definitely don't need Snow performance, maybe except once a year.

Right now top choices:

Continental DWS06 Plus

You running 17s?

·
Registered
1,623 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,411 Posts

Thought he made that pretty clear??

I just want to double check, he also said stock PSS.

The Contis are good👍

·
Registered
1,040 Posts

Right now top choices:

Continental DWS06 Plus

Well, between those two, I have experience with the DWS on my girlfriend's Lexus IS. It's actually surprisingly good for an all-season.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I run the DWS06. Didn't invest in dedicated snow tires since Chicago keeps their roads clear most of the time. Haven't had any grip issues plowing through some drifts. I'm happy with them

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I run the DWS06. Didn't invest in dedicated snow tires since Chicago keeps their roads clear most of the time. Haven't had any grip issues plowing through some drifts. I'm happy with them
Good to know; Chicago might be in my future. The DWS is the only one I've seen with a similar tread pattern as all gravel tires.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Yeah, 17s. Stock wheels will go away (to be sold?) once the tires are done. 17s going on to clear suspension.
I thought 17s only cleared with aftermarket or lower trim brakes.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Michelin's new AS4s are fantastic. Not much of a drop off from my SC2s. Fantastic grip in dry, wet and snow. Love these! (Running 245/40/18s on 18x9 wheels.)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts