Ford Focus RS Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Lucky you, I tried using the start button and hazard button method (with and without the tool) and both will not get past the front right tire. I had a flat tire on that wheel, so maybe the sensor there got damaged? I never drove on the flat tire, I hit a pothole and got a bubble that popped the tire while the car was parked at home. Was like half a day before I noticed and jacked up that wheel.
Could have been the tire, could have been the tire shop or could just be bad luck

·
Premium Member
1,833 Posts
Is there a correct affordable replacement TPMS anyone is using?
Define "affordable" lol

These are the ones I bought with my second set of rims, i swear I paid like $30 each for them back in fall of 2017, but the price is higher every time I get the link for someone!

G1EZ-1A189-AC is the OEM part number. Taking that part number and searching on Amazon shows a sensor that is 315mHz (right!) but the part number doesn't exactly match, as I think the first group of numbers is for the model, so where "G1EZ" is a Focus, "9L3Z" is an F150, but I'd guess that it is the same part. (someone correct me if I am wrong!)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Define "affordable" lol

These are the ones I bought with my second set of rims, i swear I paid like $30 each for them back in fall of 2017, but the price is higher every time I get the link for someone!

G1EZ-1A189-AC is the OEM part number. Taking that part number and searching on Amazon shows a sensor that is 315mHz (right!) but the part number doesn't exactly match, as I think the first group of numbers is for the model, so where "G1EZ" is a Focus, "9L3Z" is an F150, but I'd guess that it is the same part. (someone correct me if I am wrong!)
Big difference between $68 for one or $38 for four. Can anyone confirm if they work?

·
Registered
506 Posts
If these sensors are from 2016, then the built-in batteries are most likely going bad. And since it's winter, temperature is colder, and batteries are running out of juice. I'm having the same issue with my 2016 RS. Replaced 2 sensors last November, within a month the others display intermittent sensor failure alarms. I'm waiting for warmer weather to see if I can milk another 6 months out of them...

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
If these sensors are from 2016, then the built-in batteries are most likely going bad. And since it's winter, temperature is colder, and batteries are running out of juice. I'm having the same issue with my 2016 RS. Replaced 2 sensors last November, within a month the others display intermittent sensor failure alarms. I'm waiting for warmer weather to see if I can milk another 6 months out of them...
Makes sense I guess. What part number did you put in? Price?

21 - 25 of 25 Posts