Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done this? I don't want to mess with the stock headlights or change light ouput, but the corner/amber marker is such an eye sore. Has anyone ever tinted with Vinyl or Nightshades over it? Would love to see pictures!

·
Premium Member
3,287 Posts
I would suggest reviewing local laws about modifying DOT approved lighting. I know in NC it is illegal to block or tint any DOT approved lighting/reflective parts on the car. As a safety matter I would not do that even if legal.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would suggest reviewing local laws about modifying DOT approved lighting. I know in NC it is illegal to block or tint any DOT approved lighting/reflective parts on the car. As a safety matter I would not do that even if legal.
Sorry Dad, it’s absolutely illegal. I’m only inquiring for track days and autocross anyways.

·
Premium Member
3,287 Posts
Sorry Dad, it’s absolutely illegal. I’m only inquiring for track days and autocross anyways.
Just making sure people go into some mods fully understanding the risks. Only mods I tell people not to do involve blinding other drivers (improper headlights or ride height/angle changes) or just confusing them (white lights where amber should be).

And, it's Grandpa now. 😂

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just making sure people go into some mods fully understanding the risks. Only mods I tell people not to do involve blinding other drivers (improper headlights or ride height/angle changes) or just confusing them (white lights where amber should be).

And, it's Grandpa now. 😂
haha, well played sir!

I might lay down a very light coat of Nightshades and see how it looks. I can always go darker and tweak it to perfect.

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Yeah, I wrapped mine, I couldn't stand the amber.
IMG_20190823_192150.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts

I went with a vinyl overlay just on the amber section. There are others available that cover more of the entire coner section as well.

·
Registered
75 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts