Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This problem just started within the last 3 days and may be getting worse. After upshifting and pushing the throttle or pushing the throttle for quick acceleration after coasting (but still in the same gear) I am hearing and feeling a heavy thump which seems to be coming from underneath and possibly just slightly behind me but I'm not certain. It almost feels like the "slack" is being taken out of some mechanical process suddenly and causing something to "hit" something else. Any ideas?
Thank you,

Reactions: DARTH55

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was wondering if it could be a motor or transmission mount. Actually hoping so since it might be significantly cheaper than other issues.

·
Premium Member
3,316 Posts
Best way is to put it on a lift

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’m getting 4 new tires tomorrow. I’ll ask if I can take a look while they have it up.

Reactions: nicklulu

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was the rear mount. A Mountune piece that had only been on since November of last year and only seen 3000 miles. I've sent Mountune an email. I know that the part has no warranty but they may have some recourse with their manufacturer. I have had good experiences with Mountune up to now so hopefully they can do something for me

·
Premium Member
3,316 Posts
Oh wow, you launching your Car every traffic light and signs?!

In all seriousness, has the RMM been exposed or saturated in oil?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No oil leaks or accidental spills. I can’t say that I never launch the car but I have never used the factory launch control and tend to keep the RPMs low when I launch it manually. Maybe 10-15 hard launches on that mount. No track time on it either. I’m not sure why it deteriorated like that.

·
Premium Member
3,316 Posts
That should take that abuse easy, it should have not failed.

I would assume you put the stock RMM back, I hope Mountune can help you out.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, I reinstalled the stock piece. I hope they can help out but I do understand they aren’t obligated to.

Reactions: nicklulu

·
Premium Member
3,316 Posts
Keep us posted!

·
Registered
810 Posts
I saw there were two revisions on this motor mount.
I had v2 and so far it looks good.
If it fails like the one in the picture, I will steer away from Mountune products.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I did a quick search and didn’t find anyone else having similar issues with the Mountune product so I wouldn’t say that there is anything flawed about it. I could have just been the “lucky” one to get a defective part.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I did a quick search and didn’t find anyone else having similar issues with the Mountune product so I wouldn’t say that there is anything flawed about it. I could have just been the “lucky” one to get a defective part.
I have seen other RS cars with a broker mountune RMM.
These are cars that were used for drag races and hard pull.
So the problem is there but under certain conditions.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Man, that thing is destroyed. I'm assuming that you installed and torqued everything down to spec? That's disheartening, maybe I need to add a Mountune UK RMM to my order this week...

·
Premium Member
3,316 Posts
Man, that thing is destroyed. I'm assuming that you installed and torqued everything down to spec? That's disheartening, maybe I need to add a Mountune UK RMM to my order this week...
Maybe you should, lol!

I have CP-e stage 2 on mine.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
It was the rear mount. A Mountune piece that had only been on since November of last year and only seen 3000 miles. I've sent Mountune an email. I know that the part has no warranty but they may have some recourse with their manufacturer. I have had good experiences with Mountune up to now so hopefully they can do something for me View attachment 342773 .
Last and only time I contacted Mountune UK about an issue with one of their products they basically told me I was totally mistaken about the situation even with photographic evidence. I'll be interested to know what their response to this is.
Ciao

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Last and only time I contacted Mountune UK about an issue with one of their products they basically told me I was totally mistaken about the situation even with unequivocal photographic evidence staring them in the face. I'll be interested to know what their response to this is.
Ciao

1 - 20 of 32 Posts