Came with isthickers:

View attachment 350772

Side by side comparo with the OE TB:

View attachment 350773 View attachment 350774 View attachment 350775

The FP swallows the OE!

View attachment 350776

Yes, by at least 4mm

View attachment 350778

Also note the FP TB measurement of the intake side is 70mm and the manifold side is a little over 65mm.
Can you please please please dyno before you do all these intake mods for a baseline???

16 Ford Focus RS Grey
Eibach Sways /Adamtuned Auxfuel Kit/ Cobb AdamTuned/ Dsc Sport Controller/ Radium PcV CC./ K+N air filter /Tema 4x4 30mm spacer/massive sway endlinks//Full Race IC// Tune Plus Turbosmart IWG/ E76/ NGK LTR7BHX (95605) 1-step colder Ruthenium Spark Plugs/UPR Cc breather// DynoJet 8-Run Avg (417.23wtq/399.26whp)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,822 Posts
Can you please please please dyno before you do all these intake mods for a baseline???

16 Ford Focus RS Grey
Eibach Sways /Adamtuned Auxfuel Kit/ Cobb AdamTuned/ Dsc Sport Controller/ Radium PcV CC./ K+N air filter /Tema 4x4 30mm spacer/massive sway endlinks//Full Race IC// Tune Plus Turbosmart IWG/ E76/ NGK LTR7BHX (95605) 1-step colder Ruthenium Spark Plugs/UPR Cc breather// DynoJet 8-Run Avg (417.23wtq/399.26whp)

If I can find a good reputable dyno shop here in San Diego that can do the RS sure!

I took a day off today and hunting down a good shop to do the port and polishing on the intake manifold, my machine guy is in Lake Elsinore. He done some Honda and Evos for me in the past. His work is awesome but might be too aggressive for what I am looking for.

Trying to explore other avenues, like this:

·
Registered
181 Posts
If I can find a good reputable dyno shop here in San Diego that can do the RS sure!

I took a day off today and hunting down a good shop to do the port and polishing on the intake manifold, my machine guy is in Lake Elsinore. He done some Honda and Evos for me in the past. His work is awesome but might be too aggressive for what I am looking for.

Trying to explore other avenues, like this:

Any FWD dyno will work. Should lookup the Cobb rdu disable instructions before going and maybe practice Bc it’s quite scary. It must be disabled or it will destroy the transmission Bc it’s not symmetrical awd like a Subaru.

16 Ford Focus RS Grey
Eibach Sways /Adamtuned Auxfuel Kit/ Cobb AdamTuned/ Dsc Sport Controller/ Radium PcV CC./ K+N air filter//Full Race IC// Tune Plus Turbosmart IWG/ E76/ NGK LTR7BHX (95605) 1-step colder Ruthenium Spark Plugs/UPR Cc breather// DynoJet 8-Run Avg (417.23wtq/399.26whp)

·
Premium Member
5,822 Posts
if you have Kacper's RDU tune...its as simple as switching to normal drive mode for FWD only.
Been reading the RDU for a while now. But no, I have not applied that on my RS yet.

·
Registered
181 Posts
My tuner pulls a fuse to disable the rdu too.
I was at the dyno and all I could find was “pull the pink fuse” so I used the Cobb lol @%1;

16 Ford Focus RS Grey
Eibach Sways /Adamtuned Auxfuel Kit/ Cobb AdamTuned/ Dsc Sport Controller/ Radium PcV CC./ K+N air filter//Full Race IC// Tune Plus Turbosmart IWG/ E76/ NGK LTR7BHX (95605) 1-step colder Ruthenium Spark Plugs/UPR Cc breather// DynoJet 8-Run Avg (417.23wtq/399.26whp)

·
Registered
181 Posts
if you have Kacper's RDU tune...its as simple as switching to normal drive mode for FWD only.
Is that like a gas mileage mode?

16 Ford Focus RS Grey

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Is that like a gas mileage mode?

16 Ford Focus RS Grey

nope. just straight up FWD. all the same power...just to the front.
some folks use it for burn outs...to warm their tires for 1/4 mile

·
Registered
2017 Black RS
190 Posts
(crossposted from "What did you get in the mail today")
Just got a Mustang 2.3L throttle body back from Max Bore.

Before (mm)After (mm)
entrance65.9066.84
middle (butterfly area)59.9562.11
exit61.9564.77

The transitions between the areas are smooth and the entrance/exit measurements are near the very ends. It's not a huge difference, but I knew that not much could be done on this when I sent it.

·
Premium Member
5,822 Posts
@morbid , so how much was your total (The Mustang TB + maxbore)?

Still cheaper than the BBK?

·
Registered
2017 Black RS
190 Posts
Yeah it was still cheaper. The TB was $200 from Damond and the honing was $125 (plus like $10 to ship). So ~$335 total. The BBK is $500, and I'm not sure where the "65mm" measurement is taken for that.... so I just wasn't sure about justifying that extra cost. Some places seem to measure the exit, some at the butterfly.

Max Bore's measurements (at least for mine) seemed to have used the middle/butterfly section for the "before" and the exit for the "after". He marked on the TB that it was 60mm -> 65mm, but it was really more like 60mm -> 62mm.

So I would really appreciate similar measurements for those other throttle bodies so we can have more complete comparisons.

I'm planning on swapping mine this Sunday, if my coolant level isn't any lower.... since I've been battling a misfire issue. Hopefully it's something else and an easy fix, but I'm paranoid about the head gasket.

·
Premium Member
5,822 Posts
Waiting for some parts still. I just shipped out my intake manifold and the ETA is 14 business days.

Need to look for a coupler for TB and the cold side pipe, the 2.75" couple is too small for the FP TB.

Also debating to match all the clamps from worm to t-bolts or vice versa.

·
Registered
2017 Black RS
190 Posts
I got my coupler from HPS. If you're looking for a company that supplies reducers, you might want to give them a look:

What's the outer diameter of your TB, 3"?

Extrudehone is cool and I can't wait to see yours when you get it back! I had my other cars manifold sent to them for a max extrudehone, SVT had them do a light honing already as part of the base car.

·
Premium Member
5,822 Posts
I just finished looking at their site! Great minds.....

wuplash (the gentleman that has the ST) told me the exact same thing. the TB is 2.875" (73mm) the 3" is slightly too big so the 2.75" to 3" wont work.

Then again the 2.875 would be slightly bigger for the cold side pipe, but would be better fit than the reducer.

I'll try to call them tomorrow to see if they can do a 70mm to 73 mm (rather than 76mm).

I am hoping for a good outcome from the honing.

·
Registered
2017 Black RS
190 Posts
Oh, that sucks. That's such a strange size. I've checked some places for that and couldn't find any.... hopefully they can help out. Another option could be to have the end of the intake pipe stretched so you just need a non-reducing coupler. Good luck!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Waiting on my mustang EB throttle body from Tasca, already got the TB kit from Damond and I'll be mounting this on a Breedt manifold that has machined ports to keep my aux fuel and E85 so I dont have to use the manifold spacer anymore. I'll try to hop on the dyno after install, interested to see if theres any gains compared to my dyno from 10/31/20.

That Ford Performance TB sure looks like a nice piece.

·
Premium Member
5,822 Posts
Waiting on my mustang EB throttle body from Tasca, already got the TB kit from Damond and I'll be mounting this on a Breedt manifold that has machined ports to keep my aux fuel and E85 so I dont have to use the manifold spacer anymore. I'll try to hop on the dyno after install, interested to see if theres any gains compared to my dyno from 10/31/20.

That Ford Performance TB sure looks like a nice piece.

How smooth is the inside Breedt mani? I was looking at that before I bought mine.

161 - 180 of 235 Posts