Ford Focus RS Forum banner

101 - 120 of 128 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,369 Posts
@FORZDA 2 .......I certainly hope nobody following this thread is expecting any gains from a bolt on TB. But that wasn't the point of the topic..........
Wait, wait, wait....... I was expecting additional +100HP here buddy!

That was a let down... LOL j/k.

I'm expecting 5 HP the most and a couple of TQ.

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
Did you read the whole thread? Pretty tech savvy including original CAD modeling...this isn’t idiots spouting marketing blurbs and dyno charts that don’t cross at 5252.
Yeah, CAD modeling is great to show the actual TB bore design, etc. That can be reviewed to make sure it is a "quality" design. Whether it does anything or not to the performance only shows in real-time/recorded data, not "models". You know, like the Global Warming "models" that are wrong.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Moving on before we contribute to the further politicization of Earth's biosphere, can someone tell me what the theoretical benefits of the machining on the Jet throttle body inlet? I haven't gotten to fluid dynamics yet.

·
Premium Member
5,369 Posts
Moving on before we contribute to the further politicization of Earth's biosphere, can someone tell me what the theoretical benefits of the machining on the Jet throttle body inlet? I haven't gotten to fluid dynamics yet.

View attachment 349735

I thought it's the latest boat tart design?

LOL, seriousness i think its similar design to their TB spacers as well as those ridges help that section of the TB rigidity.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yeah, CAD modeling is great to show the actual TB bore design, etc. That can be reviewed to make sure it is a "quality" design. Whether it does anything or not to the performance only shows in real-time/recorded data, not "models". You know, like the Global Warming "models" that are wrong.
Flow through a throttle body is designed specifically to be controlled, calculable environment, and is a relatively trivial engineering problem with modeling that will well match testing with little trouble.

Weather modeling is different.

My point was really just that this thread is not marketing speak, though. Nobody here is making outlandish claims and the need for tuning has been discussed.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
I just want to know what
  • Unique Design increases air velocity to the intake manifold
theoretically means. ☹

·
Registered
188 Posts
I like swirls, kinda like a vortex...

·
Registered
188 Posts
@20focusstdriver17 the pro alloy looks to be a complete boost pipe set and not the cold side only.

The airtech is for the MK2 Focus RS.

The only cold side pipe 70MM I know of is the CP-e, with or without the BOV connection. Both has 2 bung connection for WMI.

if someone goes with a 70mm pipe and goes with the BBK or Mustang TB, a 2.75" to 2.50" silicone hose connection is needed. For the FP needs to be 2.75" through and through.

@FORZDA 2 , completely understand what you mean. Plugin in one of the big TB will be a waste of money without a tune and supporting mods.

I thing I would say though I want to build a good base and expand from it if I get the need.

The 2.3 Mustang ecoboost benefited from the FP 70mm TB upgrade.
I would think they sell replacement pieces individually?? Anyway, I have an email to them so ill post the reply on buying just the cold pipe with silicone hose connections (Pro Alloy/Samco) and pricing. I would buy their whole kit if going from stock hoses but I already have a full Mountune boost hose kit (Samco) with my Mountune FMIC so i only need the cold side pipe and silicone connectors to replace the Mountune cold side soft hose.

Reactions: nicklulu

·
Registered
188 Posts
Vortex no. 1 = noob, DIY, unacceptable to “go out the window” in a pro setting.
no. 2 = good to go. No star nozzle. Usually “stacked” think Michelin Man. Probably
swirled to enhance 1/2 & 1/2 presentation. Well done.
no. 3= industry standard, Well done.
No. 1 = made in China :p

Reactions: GmpaJimj

·
Registered
1,844 Posts

View attachment 349735
You're one step down from one of these:

·
Registered
2017 Black RS
99 Posts
I'm planning on doing this, but won't be for a while. So unless you all come up with something better, I was just going to do the BBK + cp-e pipe. I already have the cp-e, but am not using it yet. It's a 2.75" pipe, but comes with a 2.5" -> 2.75" silicone for the IC, but my IC has a 2.75" exit (Mishimoto). focusrsshop has an option for the BBK to include the silicone adapter for some different pipes, including the cp-e. So that's all simple... I'd just need a 2.75" right-angle silicone hose for my current IC. I do want to wait until I get an air oil cooler, so I can remove the OEM water oil cooler... especially since there are warnings that a larger throttlebody can have interference with one of those water oil cooler hoses.

·
Registered
188 Posts
This place (boostcontroller.com) has a wide variety of samco silicone hoses and alloy joiners:

Samco Sport

Reactions: nicklulu and axelr

·
Registered
188 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
SAMCO makes great products, high quality, used by many teams. In fact many hose kits sold in the UK are made by them, sometimes rebranded to the big name companies. As far as the 3” (70mm) to 2.5” (63mm) some may be looking for, Mishimoto has one too and depending on location (shipping & taxes...) it may be a little cheaper.

101 - 120 of 128 Posts