Ford Focus RS Forum banner
241 - 260 of 270 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,720 Posts
Not done it yet, still tied with client upgrades all to laptops (firmwide) and a couple of office moves in North America........ might also need to fly back out to Ireland before Jan.

I have most of the parts but planning to increase plenum volume on the intake manifold..... I do have a part that might work but might need more work.

Reactions: morbid

·
Registered
262 Posts
I called Cobb and ordered a replacement cold side hard pipe, then ordered some Samco couplers to finish it off.

Auto part Bumper Automotive exterior Plastic Terrestrial animal
Material property Bicycle part Gas Tool Rim
Liquid Electric blue Household supply Fluid Plastic

Attachments

·
Registered
262 Posts
Reactions: morbid and nicklulu

·
Registered
262 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Reactions: nicklulu

·
Premium Member
6,720 Posts
I already have all the clamps I would need (and then some).

That is a good alternative for sure.

The FP TB is just a bit hefty than usual to fit in.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Just to add to the thread, a fellow ST driver added + 8 hp / + 40 ft/lb TQ with the 2.3 EB TB and no other changes or custom tuning. He does have a Monster Adapt X tune.

The Great TB Debate

·
Premium Member
6,720 Posts
Just to add to the thread, a fellow ST driver added + 8 hp / + 40 ft/lb TQ with the 2.3 EB TB and no other changes or custom tuning. He does have a Monster Adapt X tune.

The Great TB Debate

So mine should add 70hp then!😁 :ROFLMAO:

I'll be happy to see the same result.

·
Registered
262 Posts
75 with stickers!

• Haha

·
Registered
262 Posts
My new hose clamps just arrived

Basket Plastic wrap Transparency Fashion accessory Plastic

Reactions: nicklulu and morbid

·
Registered
262 Posts
How much did the hose clamps run you for?
Funny you should ask, I didnt realize they came in a pack of two, so I was expecting to pay $16.88 ea and ordered six # TBS-TS-HCT- M075 & one # TBS-TS-HCT- M062 and lo & behold I received seven packs of two! I may need to exchange a few pairs of the M075 (2.5 - 3.375) for the next smaller size M062 (1.970 in. to 2.875) since I think they will fit the 2.5" hose couplers better with less tang protrusion and clamp deformation.

Summit Racing has them in stock

Turbosmart TS-HCT-M075 Turbosmart Murray Hose Clamps | Summit Racing

Free Shipping on Orders Over $99 at Summit Racing

·
Premium Member
6,720 Posts
I got T-bolt clamps on hand to replace all the clamps after the intake (so the hot side hose, FMIC, cold side hose and TB)

·
Registered
262 Posts
I was going to go the T-bolt route (have a few on hand) until I ran across those Turbo Seal clamps, all the places that I originally checked were way too high price (Murray brand) so I put it on hold. Well after my interest was renewed again I found that Turbosmart was rebranding the Murray TS and that Jeggs & Summit have the best pricing on them for $16.88 (now i know for 2) and decided to pull the trigger. On paper (yes I'm a sucker for marketing hype) they just make the most sense to me for this application.

This article was interesting:

How Constant Tension Hose Clamps Counteract Cold Flow | Murray Corp

·
Premium Member
6,720 Posts
As @morbid and others said in this thread might as well do it how you want to do it the first time to reduce the cost/time of re-doing it.

As long as you are happy, that's the most important part.

·
Registered
2017 Black RS
453 Posts
I prefer t-bolts for the pressurized connections. At least with the Mishimoto intercooler, the entrance (and the area surrounding it) just doesn't have that much space, so I have a worm clamp on it. I haven't had issues with it, but I think I'll try out one of those Turbosmart/Murray clamps, and it might make me feel better. Thanks @20focusstdriver17 for showing those off! The intercooler exit has just enough room for a t-bolt clamp.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I prefer t-bolts for the pressurized connections. At least with the Mishimoto intercooler, the entrance (and the area surrounding it) just doesn't have that much space, so I have a worm clamp on it. I haven't had issues with it, but I think I'll try out one of those Turbosmart/Murray clamps, and it might make me feel better. Thanks @20focusstdriver17 for showing those off! The intercooler exit has just enough room for a t-bolt clamp.
If you only need a couple I could sell you one of my of M075 packs (comes with two) (2.5" - 3.75") if it's the size you're looking for, it may save you a few buck on shipping depending where you order from. They will fit in a small padded envelope im guessing maybe $3 max regular 1st class mail so $20 shipped?? vs the box from Summit or Jeggs for ~$12 shipping unless you order over $100 from Summit then you will get free shipping.

Reactions: morbid and nicklulu

·
Registered
2017 Black RS
453 Posts
If you only need a couple I could sell you one of my of M075 packs (comes with two) (2.5" - 3.75") if it's the size you're looking for, it may save you a few buck on shipping depending where you order from. They will fit in a small padded envelope im guessing maybe $3 max regular 1st class mail so $20 shipped?? vs the box from Summit or Jeggs for ~$12 shipping unless you order over $100 from Summit then you will get free shipping.
Thanks! Unfortunately I've already ordered a set. I'm planning on having the front bumper cover off this coming weekend, and figured I should make sure those are here in time for that :D

·
Registered
262 Posts
Indeed, I will probably have my front bumper cover off as well!! 👍

241 - 260 of 270 Posts