Ford Focus RS Forum banner
141 - 160 of 217 Posts

·
Registered
'16 with stuff
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #141 ·
Here's the email from Tasca.

While reviewing your order (Order xxxxxxx) for processing I've discovered an issue. Part #CM5Z-6A895-A & -W712022-S430A is currently on national backorder with the automotive manufacturer and has no estimated date of resupply. We do not currently have this item in stock at our warehouse and are unable to acquire it at this time. Unfortunately, despite our best efforts, sometimes the demand for certain parts and accessories exceeds manufacturers’ current supplies. I apologize for the inconvenience.

·
Registered
'16 with stuff
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #147 ·
One more, my kingdom for an oil pump chain so I can get this done...

Every bolt is cleaned by hand, all threads chased before installation, torque values followed to the letter.

·
Registered
'16 with stuff
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #148 · (Edited)
OK guys, I think I have my arms around every step left in the build, from assembly thru timing except for the possibility of some terminology training (as usual :sneaky:).

The 2.3 has VVT actuators on both cams, are these called phasers in our motors? Is there a tool for setting the actuators on the cams? I have everything I need for crank/camshaft timing but I don't know about those actuators after the hit the valvetrain took so I want to pull them, replace frictions, reinstall correctly. I've been digging around for info but there are so many versions of this setup it's hard to pin it down. Parts.Ford.Com shows the sprockets and bolts but no frictions and it shows them as the same part, I could swear they were different in that there were different bolt patterns on the faces.

Lastly, another call out to parts hounds, if there is an oil pump chain floating around hit me up!

·
Registered
'16 with stuff
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #149 ·
Updates, still waiting on parts but been making progress.
Hillbilly crank limiting tool.

Bottom end buttoned up.

Should have everything here this week, marathon build session next weekend.

·
Registered
'16 with stuff
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #151 ·
Still waiting on parts but made some progress. Pulled bits of block out of the alternator and had to disassemble the AC pulley to extract yet more carnage. Ordered a Radium catch can three weeks ago from Panda, got the notion Tuesday that I could do with a new baffle plate as well, ordered from MAP. Got the plate today, still no sign of the can.
Last item preventing assembly is the new head from Ford...
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Bumper

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
OK guys, I think I have my arms around every step left in the build, from assembly thru timing except for the possibility of some terminology training (as usual :sneaky:).

The 2.3 has VVT actuators on both cams, are these called phasers in our motors? Is there a tool for setting the actuators on the cams? I have everything I need for crank/camshaft timing but I don't know about those actuators after the hit the valvetrain took so I want to pull them, replace frictions, reinstall correctly. I've been digging around for info but there are so many versions of this setup it's hard to pin it down. Parts.Ford.Com shows the sprockets and bolts but no frictions and it shows them as the same part, I could swear they were different in that there were different bolt patterns on the faces.

Lastly, another call out to parts hounds, if there is an oil pump chain floating around hit me up!
Ford call them a VCT actuator but generically they can be called VVT or cam phasers as well. They are normally spring loaded to the "null' position. It might be better to replace then if they have been in a piston to valve situation. With some aftermarket camshafts you need to lock them out or limit their range of movement.

Ciao

·
Registered
'16 with stuff
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #153 ·
Wooohoooo - found a cloyes c745 oil pump chain, wish I took a picture of the box - build date was 9-9-2021 and made in China. This means that this chain came off the line, was flown to the US, made it to a distributor, and was trucked to my house in under a week.

·
Registered
'16 with stuff
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #155 ·
It's here, so much prep time that it's already sitting in place. Question for you experienced folks, according to MAP I need the 2.0 HG, that's what I got (confirmed) but it sure looks like that HG does a lot of coolant blocking when compared to the 2.3 HG.
Do I need to modify the 2.0 HG when mating a 2.3 head to a 2.0 block?

Gratuitous photo

Automotive tire Gas Engineering Wood Machine

·
Premium Member
6,720 Posts
Keep on rolling!

·
Premium Member
6,720 Posts

·
Registered
'16 with stuff
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #159 ·
Ah, thanks man!
I went ahead and bolted it down, I'll double check tomorrow but I can't believe MAP wouldn't say anything...

·
Registered
'16 with stuff
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #160 ·
Another question, noticed these on the old head, green exhaust valve springs, don't match the new head so I'm thinking not oem?
Office equipment Gas Font Auto part Metal

141 - 160 of 217 Posts