Our RS app is almost finished.
Here you have all features list:

• deactivation / activation of Auto Start Stop System,
  • ability to choose which Drive Mode car should start with,
  • automatic Launch Control activation,
  • check your tires pressure values,
Additionally owners of Drift devICE will get:

• activation / deactivation of Drift devICE drift function,
  • choose which drive mode Drift devICE should work with.
Our app gonna be compatible with:

• Drift devICE as a 29$ upgrade / add on,
  • Drive devICE 99$ including hardware.
All features work let say like a “virtual” pushes of the buttons, so they are absolutely transparent for a car systems. It means they do not write / change anything in a car memory and they do not leave any traces. Product is 1000% warranty friendly. Just remove it from OBD2 port before visiting Ford Service. Of course Launch Control counter always counts.

This is web based app, so all you need to use it is a smartphone / tablet / computer with web browser and WiFi.

Drift devICE and Drive devICE are updatable. Keep on your mind we are working on new features.

Availability: March 2020

·
Registered
560 Posts
I certainly want this... the Tire Pressure monitor and the startup mode selector justifies the price for me... of course I will have to go with the Drift devICE... :D ;)

Let me know if you guys will be around Texas anytime soon. Otherwise, I will wait a bit longer until flashing situations gets a bit easier.

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
I believe Tomek to be Cali today, trying to meet to get flashed this week......

Reactions: Barroux

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
I believe Tomek to be Cali today, trying to meet to get flashed this week......
I’ve been trying to buy the whole kit with the tuner exchange program he offered for about 10 days now! Still figuring out the best cost-effective way of shipping the tuner back to him, I sent him quotes from all available carriers and waiting for his feedback about if he can get better rates.

But I’ll be highly interested in any comment you may have about the “tuning” process in the meantime if you meet him during his visit. I guess I would have to do the same thing he will do to your car myself and maybe have him perform something remotely...havent had an answer to that question yet so maybe your review will clear that up!

PS if anyone in the Montreal/Ottawa area wants his car flashed soon let me know and I can let Tomek know there is more than one of us ready to buy the kit in my area.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
^^ I looked up rates and I was quoted **** like $120 shipping each way. Once it’s all added up I might as well go the actual drift stick

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
He was trying to ship it to me from the US during his trip which would have been cheaper, but yeah best I got was around 110$ cad with insurance to return it back.

He initially told me return shipping would be covered by him but I doubt it would be at such a high cost.

But he does not have to partner with a tuning shop anymore so I guess that provides him some margin for at least working with us on shipping.

If it’s too much in the end I’ll wait for the flash it yourself version, it’s already too late to have it in time for rally school after which there’s no rush for me to have this. Might even have time to reason myself and save the money by then!

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
I was able to meet and get flashed just as planned.
Took maybe 15-20 mins really. Super easy.

I haven't played with it too much yet really. does work in other drive modes..ha
I had a few things like, 'No Navi' come up for a bit and then disappear.

Really Nice to meet Tom on his travels as well.

Can't wait to play with it now...change over to the other set of wheels and tires...

·
Registered
120 Posts
All looks cool, I'd be in for all of it when the flash it yourself option comes around.

@TomekRST
"Of course Launch Control counter always counts."
Not that it really matters, but I was unaware our cars kept a count of times launch control was activated. Is this true?

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Not that it really matters, but I was unaware our cars kept a count of times launch control was activated. Is this true?
I vaguely recall reading about this at one point. It's not too surprisingly that it is tracked, but I would think it wouldn't really be held against you on a warranty claim since its standard feature. I bet it just plays towards keeping track of maintenance items ie clutch, trans or RDU fluid change counters.

·
Premium Member
114 Posts

All features work let say like a “virtual” pushes of the buttons, so they are absolutely transparent for a car systems. It means they do not write / change anything in a car memory and they do not leave any traces. Product is 1000% warranty friendly. Just remove it from OBD2 port before visiting Ford Service. Of course Launch Control counter always counts.

This is web based app, so all you need to use it is a smartphone / tablet / computer with web browser and WiFi.

Drift devICE and Drive devICE are updatable. Keep on your mind we are working on new features.

View attachment 338109 View attachment 338110 View attachment 338111

View attachment 338109 View attachment 338110 View attachment 338111
I am in Australia and this looks like a great solution. Much more info here than on web site. The web app is a great move as it would be impossible otherwise. I will buy it as soon as available.

One question. When left foot braking the rs cuts power after 2 seconds. Is it possible for the app to disable this too so left foot braking works as it should.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Sorry, our dongle doesn’t write ECU as it’s 100% warranty friendly.

If you are looking for left foot braking unlock COBB or individual tuning is an answer.

BTW.

GUI is looking much better at beta pre release stage:

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Sorry, our dongle doesn’t write ECU as it’s 100% warranty friendly.

If you are looking for left foot braking unlock COBB or individual tuning is an answer.

BTW.

GUI is looking much better at beta pre release stage:

View attachment 338984
Gui looks great. I was going to suggest color coding it for warnings etc. I'm getting a revo tune on the car, not cobb based, so key management parameters in real time are great. By this I mean temps levels and warnings of key components. Is it possible to set a configuration to make the phone emit a warning tone and flash red on critical errors, sort of like the loud buzzer we used to put on oil warning... to indicate serious immediate problems. Things are busy enough in the cabin during an autocross as it is so having the phone in the field of view flash solid red and then show the critical display, and repeat, would be great.

Later I guess you could even data log things on the phone for later track analysis, including speed, gear, rpm, g force etc but that's icing on cake and nice to have. Sell as upgrade later down track maybe if it makes sense, not now.

I guess many RS are now out of warranty or almost out. Is it possible to do this write to ECU guarded with warranty warnings etc etc? This might even need unlocking by applying to you for a code or an internet notification back to you...so you can track any warranty violating action.

This would be good as it would make for a complete brake management handling package for gravel and club motorsport.

What do you think?

Btw, is there a simple way to convert the handbrake to fly off, ie not ratchet? Can this be bought separately? Also, is the 'drift stick easily detachable from the drift stick mount on the handbrake, or does the whole assembly need removing?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Gui looks great. I was going to suggest color coding it for warnings etc. I'm getting a revo tune on the car, not cobb based, so key management parameters in real time are great. By this I mean temps levels and warnings of key components. Is it possible to set a configuration to make the phone emit a warning tone and flash red on critical errors, sort of like the loud buzzer we used to put on oil warning... to indicate serious immediate problems. Things are busy enough in the cabin during an autocross as it is so having the phone in the field of view flash solid red and then show the critical display, and repeat, would be great.

Later I guess you could even data log things on the phone for later track analysis, including speed, gear, rpm, g force etc but that's icing on cake and nice to have. Sell as upgrade later down track maybe if it makes sense, not now.

I guess many RS are now out of warranty or almost out. Is it possible to do this write to ECU guarded with warranty warnings etc etc? This might even need unlocking by applying to you for a code or an internet notification back to you...so you can track any warranty violating action.

This would be good as it would make for a complete brake management handling package for gravel and club motorsport.

What do you think?

Btw, is there a simple way to convert the handbrake to fly off, ie not ratchet? Can this be bought separately? Also, is the 'drift stick easily detachable from the drift stick mount on the handbrake, or does the whole assembly need removing?
Thanks for your input. Well, we are not going to implement warnings system and write to ECU functionality at this stage. Maybe in the future, who knows.
Regarding to ratchet and ratchet less functionality of our HandBrake mod here you go:

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
I think I will buy the handbrake kit too. I mucked around with the standard handbrake this morning and there is so much clutter, in the form of the plastic moldings, bins etc, around it that i reckon i could easily bark my knuckles and generally miss the turn. As standard it is too hard to reach and the Recaro seat gets in the way.

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Hi Tomek, I've been trying to contact you. I replied to your website email re buying dongle and drift stick for Australia ready for the programmer to arrive. I indicated I want to purchase and asked should I place direct order on your website now. I am also located in Canberra and asked if you planned for the programmer box to go to different cities However, I have received no reply so am unsure how to proceed.

Please confirm this is still happening. Also, if programmer box will come to Canberra if so, I will place order on your website. Cheers

41 - 60 of 63 Posts