Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Nutron Drift devICE

The Ford Focus RS Mk3 is a car that delivers an unforgettable driving experience, ranging from quick cornering during daily driving, through the pursuit of time on the tracks, and ending with spectacular slides, U-turns and drifts. However, for many users even such a high charge of emotion could be even higher.

It is precisely for this group, Nutron Pro Moto with the considerable help of several enthusiasts, have called to life a product that is absolutely #1 in the category of smile generators for users of the 3rd generation Focus RS. Ladies and Gents, it is with immense pride we present Nutron Drift devICE – a device that changes the rules of the game and makes your car an even better machine for punching extremely high levels of fun.

The Drift devICE is a small OBD2 dongle which in a spectacular way changes the operation of the handbrake. From now on, just minimal pull up of hand brake, without the need for clutching, results in rapid rear drive unit disengaging and rear wheels breaking by the power of ABS pump, not your muscles. The effect is outstanding , and the effectiveness of absolute rear braking. From now on, the quick, non-demanding force, the undercutting of the car that has been reserved for hydraulic handbrake solutions so far, can be experienced in the RS Mk3 Focus. No need to install an expensive aftermarket hydraulic brake. With the Drift devICE, you can use the original handbrake levelr without voiding the warranty on the car.

Unlike the competition, the Drift devICE works in any driving mode (Normal /Sport/Track/Drift) and does not require a special OBD2 drift stick. For security reasons and to avoid accidental activation, the device only works after fully deactivating the ESC system. For complete convenience and maximizing sensations, we encourage you to use the device together with the Nutron Handbrake Mod which can be purchased bundled with a Drift devICE or you can buy it on a later time.

CONTENTS:
  • Nutron Drift devICE,
  • voucher to the free/required reprogramming of the car ECU (*).
SAFETY ISSUES

The device is not intended for use on roads and in public areas. Connect the device to the OBD2 port only on closed, non-public locations designed and suitable for the use of the handbrake. If you return to the public road or stop driving, always disconnect device from the OBD2 port. The use of the handbrake during driving involves an unpredictable change in the behaviour of the car for inexperienced drivers.

(*) Free car programming service has to be performed by authorized tuner. Programming includes a completely different area of the car ECU than the popular chip tuning implemented individually by a tuner or a Cobb type devices. The use of these solutions before or after "our" programming has no effect whatsoever on their operation.

PRICE & AVAILABILITY

Nutron Drift devICE
289 USD / December 2019
-------------------------------------------------------

Nutron Drift devICE + HandBrake Mod1 Bundle
499 USD / December 2019

Nutron HandBrake Mod1
269 USD / Second half of November 2019

AUTHORIZED TUNER LIST

December 2019

TECHNICAL DATA
  • device inserted into OBD2 port,
  • compatible with all Ford Focus RS mk3 all around the World,
  • activation by minimum lifting of the handbrake,
  • immediate and strong locking of the rear wheels implemented through ABS pumps,
  • does not require clutching. Rear drive disengage and engage automatically,
  • simultaneous operation with other OBD2-pin devices using the Y-type cable (for example COBB),
  • works with the factory handbrake leveler,
  • no cable between handbrake leveler and OBD2 port,
  • open system for future upgrades and new features,
  • operation in any of Normal/Sport/Track/Drift driving modes,
  • requires full traction control deactivation (5 seconds holding THE ESC button),
  • compatibility with the Nutron Handbrake Mod,
  • requires reprogramming of the car ECU by tuner(*),
  • seamless collaboration with chiped cars,
  • a guarantee-friendly solution for the car,
  • product warranty 24 months.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Definitely interested on who authorized tuners will be around the west coast (Vancouver Canada). For ice racing and rallycross this would be extremely useful to have in all four drive modes, not just drift mode like the competition

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
Any chance for the authorized tuner list to be released earlier?

I’d like to get one myself but wont spend that amount of money before I know for sure I dont have to drive 6 hours to have the thing programmed!

Would be nice to have it installed and programmed to the car before Jan.18th which is winter rally school day for me! I guess the instructors could teach me a few techniques that could make use of that thing!

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
For ice racing and rallycross this would be extremely useful to have in all four drive modes, not just drift mode like the competition
Would be nice to have it installed and programmed to the car before Jan.18th which is winter rally school day for me! I guess the instructors could teach me a few techniques that could make use of that thing!
This is the main reason I'm still interested in this thing even though I already have the FP drift stick. On the last rallycross I did, I found the drift stick very usable for rotating the car around the one or two tight corners/hairpins he had on the course, but having it on drift mode meant that I would immediately lose a ton of time going sideways instead of exiting cleanly.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Nutron Drift devICE

View attachment 337097
The Ford Focus RS Mk3 is a car that delivers an unforgettable driving experience, ranging from quick cornering during daily driving, through the pursuit of time on the tracks, and ending with spectacular slides, U-turns and drifts. However, for many users even such a high charge of emotion could be even higher.

It is precisely for this group, Nutron Pro Moto with the considerable help of several enthusiasts, have called to life a product that is absolutely #1 in the category of smile generators for users of the 3rd generation Focus RS. Ladies and Gents, it is with immense pride we present Nutron Drift devICE – a device that changes the rules of the game and makes your car an even better machine for punching extremely high levels of fun.

The Drift devICE is a small OBD2 dongle which in a spectacular way changes the operation of the handbrake. From now on, just minimal pull up of hand brake, without the need for clutching, results in rapid rear drive unit disengaging and rear wheels breaking by the power of ABS pump, not your muscles. The effect is outstanding , and the effectiveness of absolute rear braking. From now on, the quick, non-demanding force, the undercutting of the car that has been reserved for hydraulic handbrake solutions so far, can be experienced in the RS Mk3 Focus. No need to install an expensive aftermarket hydraulic brake. With the Drift devICE, you can use the original handbrake levelr without voiding the warranty on the car.

Unlike the competition, the Drift devICE works in any driving mode (Normal /Sport/Track/Drift) and does not require a special OBD2 drift stick. For security reasons and to avoid accidental activation, the device only works after fully deactivating the ESC system. For complete convenience and maximizing sensations, we encourage you to use the device together with the Nutron Handbrake Mod which can be purchased bundled with a Drift devICE or you can buy it on a later time.

CONTENTS:
  • Nutron Drift devICE,
  • voucher to the free/required reprogramming of the car ECU (*).
SAFETY ISSUES

The device is not intended for use on roads and in public areas. Connect the device to the OBD2 port only on closed, non-public locations designed and suitable for the use of the handbrake. If you return to the public road or stop driving, always disconnect device from the OBD2 port. The use of the handbrake during driving involves an unpredictable change in the behaviour of the car for inexperienced drivers.

(*) Free car programming service has to be performed by authorized tuner. Programming includes a completely different area of the car ECU than the popular chip tuning implemented individually by a tuner or a Cobb type devices. The use of these solutions before or after "our" programming has no effect whatsoever on their operation.

PRICE & AVAILABILITY

View attachment 337098
Nutron Drift devICE
289 USD / December 2019
View attachment 337099
Nutron Drift devICE + HandBrake Mod1 Bundle
499 USD / December 2019

View attachment 337100
Nutron HandBrake Mod1
269 USD / Second half of November 2019

AUTHORIZED TUNER LIST

December 2019

TECHNICAL DATA
  • device inserted into OBD2 port,
  • compatible with all Ford Focus RS mk3 all around the World,
  • activation by minimum lifting of the handbrake,
  • immediate and strong locking of the rear wheels implemented through ABS pumps,
  • does not require clutching. Rear drive disengage and engage automatically,
  • simultaneous operation with other OBD2-pin devices using the Y-type cable (for example COBB),
  • works with the factory handbrake leveler,
  • no cable between handbrake leveler and OBD2 port,
  • open system for future upgrades and new features,
  • operation in any of Normal/Sport/Track/Drift driving modes,
  • requires full traction control deactivation (5 seconds holding THE ESC button),
  • compatibility with the Nutron Handbrake Mod,
  • requires reprogramming of the car ECU by tuner(*),
  • seamless collaboration with chiped cars,
  • a guarantee-friendly solution for the car,
  • product warranty 24 months.
This is absolutely awesome if it indeed functions as promised . I want to thank you for offering one of the better mods to date from anyone in anything aftermarket I’ve seen so far. Nice work.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Any chance for the authorized tuner list to be released earlier?

I’d like to get one myself but wont spend that amount of money before I know for sure I dont have to drive 6 hours to have the thing programmed!

I thought it came with the kit?

·
Registered
1,686 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Any chance offering up a no-warranty flash-it-yourself option for those who don’t live anywhere near an authorized tuner? Very interested.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Also very interested and willing to buy but I’m not willing to drive hours to get it programmed. That’s a huge dagger.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts