Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Specs look pretty interesting but one thing I noticed right off the bat is the styling of the front end. It's like they took a huge step back to the days of the ugly ford 500...
The problem with the Ford 500 was the name, people didn't realize it was still a Taurus. ..And Ford couldn't find enough people who remembered the Galaxy 500 LOL

YMMV,

MidCow3

P.S. - I guess maybe it was ugly, as you say, also!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Specs look pretty interesting but one thing I noticed right off the bat is the styling of the front end. It's like they took a huge step back to the days of the ugly ford 500...
I'm on the fence about the front end. I'll need to see it in person. I dig the quad tailpipes though.

·
Registered
892 Posts
If they hadn't changed the exterior styling, I'd definitely be interested. I wonder what the fuel economy numbers will be.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
That was my thought as well. Comparing them side by side it is hard to point out the differences between the two, but I very much like the styling of the current one and very much dislike the styling of the new one. I absolutely hate the facelift on the base Focus and this looks exactly like that to me.

I wouldn't be interested because it's not an ST (6 speed manual, sport suspension, etc.) and, to be honest, everyone that I know that's interested in a sedan shares that opinion. A sport sedan without a sporty transmission and suspension = no bueno. And now that I think about it, I've known a few people that were interested in the SHO but looked elsewhere once they found out that it is also autotragic only. But Mercedes has been in that territory for a decade and they are doing fine.

People intimately familiar with the car say that it will be faster than the SHO and should be a very exciting vehicle, so I'm hoping that it sells well regardless.

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
Meh...I like the Fusion but what I really want is this:

hzdvkurqgzvh96d0tkbp.jpg

With an RS badge, closer to 400HP, and a DCT. I would add that to the line up in a heart beat below $50k.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts

View attachment 3499

With an RS badge, closer to 400HP, and a DCT. I would add that to the line up in a heart beat below $50k.
That was the problem. I never thought that I'd say this, but that car really needs a front license plate. Once that gap is covered up, I'm not bothered by the front end anymore. The slightly sportier front lip and fog lights help also.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

View attachment 3499

Is it weird that I'd really like to own a ST Diesel wagon here in the US? That would be a unicorn.

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Even more interesting than the Fusion Sport is the twin scroll in 1.5L and 2.0L engi

The 1.5 and 2.0 liter Ecoboost engines also get new dual-scroll turbochargers, with outputs of around 200 hp and 250 hp, respectively.

So some of the new RS technology is trickling down.

They said AWD on Fusion Sport ..but no details yet :rolleyes: could also be from RS :p

YMMV,

MidCow3

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
It looks like a focus front end. Maybe I'm looking at a different photo but I don't know where people are seeing a five hundred

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It looks like a focus front end. Maybe I'm looking at a different photo but I don't know where people are seeing a five hundred
I agree, I see more of a focus front end, but I think I like the last gen fusion grill better for some reason, just can't quite figure out why. I think they are just saying it's ugly like the 500, not that it looks like a 500

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
It's not a huge difference to me and I'm sure the non sport models will have more chrome in the grill. I'm really digging the bar across the back thing the taillights together. Ford.com has better pictures of different trims. The headlights have a little more detail to them now as do the fog lights.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I agree, I see more of a focus front end, but I think I like the last gen fusion grill better for some reason, just can't quite figure out why. I think they are just saying it's ugly like the 500, not that it looks like a 500
Yeah that's what I was trying to get at. I love the current fusion front-end and think it makes the car look rather sporty compared to previous models but now they've flip flopped and made the engine more sporty and the front-end more bland (500-like bland).

·
Registered
197 Posts
Like the fact they are coming out a sporty new fusion as i am driving a Contour SVT (before they call it fusion).

A Ford Sedan V6 with AWD is what i have been waiting for. With Twin Turbo? Hell yeah. And i rented Fusion, Focus , Fiesta a lot, Fusion 2.0 has the stiffest suspension (of course excluding ST).
Love the tail light. Have a feeling they are pulling the their last design element(Something like mode year 2008, 2009) when they still had Jaguar

The down side:
Transmission, I don't mind auto, but would be nice to have DCT (they said unique tuned transmission, hopefully a sporty CVT like WRX which doesn't auto shift when u are in high RPM in Sport# mode)
The front bumper is a step down..... The grill pattern is ok.
AWD hopeful is the RS one, won't bother getting this it if it is the same as current fusion.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I like it. I don't see anything relatively boring about the refresh, personally.

That, along with the huge drivetrain upgrade (obvi), should make for a really nice family daily driver.

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
I like it. I don't see anything relatively boring about the refresh, personally.

That, along with the huge drivetrain upgrade (obvi), should make for a really nice family daily driver.
Yes, but alas, I am incapable of driving any vehicle that has less than 3 foot pedals :rolleyes:

YMMV,

MidCow3

1 - 20 of 25 Posts