Ford Focus RS Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hhhmmm. Noticed at fill up today I averaged 25.1 mpg with some spirited driving since my FoST ate a part of my K&N filter, seizing the turbo earlier in the week. (Yay! New turbo for my daily driver) Finally made it past 22k in the FoRS and 97k in the FoST. Full synthetic oil in both and pure 93 octane FTW. Happy with both cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are you getting the same/similar MPG from both cars?

When I drove my bro’s FoST for a week while waiting for the RS, I got 23 mpg.

After 4 weeks and 1k miles in the RS, I’m getting 23 mpg. I was expecting it to be at 20 or below so I'm a bit surprised.

·
Super Moderator
16,844 Posts
Are you getting the same/similar MPG from both cars?

When I drove my bro’s FoST for a week while waiting for the RS, I got 23 mpg.

After 4 weeks and 1k miles in the RS, I’m getting 23 mpg. I was expecting it to be at 20 or below so I'm a bit surprised.
Not exactly, the FoST is a bit better on MPG. (around 27mpg) My FoST is my daily driver with short trips and mainly on back roads. Unfortunately, my daughter has my FoST while her FiST has it's air conditioning system checked out for the last week.

Reactions: Crystals

·
Registered
530 Posts
A button press turns it off. Not a big deal.

It's muscle memory for me when I get in. Start button, auto stop/start button, drive mode, two right arrow clicks, OK button, damper setting button. I'm ready to drive. Unless my door is open, then the god damned "engine on" and "door open" messages **** up my flow.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
I took my RS for a short road trip and finally got see 22mpg on the road. I have 70 miles left on the tank and if i keep it up i might see a 21mpg avg for the first time on my next fillup. It's funny how your projected mileage on refuel is based on your final avg.

BTW, is it normal for the front brakes to squeal during a light pedal press in reverse?

41 - 46 of 46 Posts