Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feel's so Good. In a few months, fun times shall begin.

[Yoda Voice] This Car, Payed Off 1.5 years early it is.[/Yoda Voice]

Eye Jaw Wrinkle Art Sculpture

·
Premium Member
2017 Focus RS (Canada) / 2009 VW Golf GTI / 2005 Mitsubishi Outlander LS AWD
530 Posts
Congratulations! She’s all yours now… muahahahha

Reactions: Crystals

·
Premium Member
7,189 Posts
Great, doesn't it feel!

Me two years to pay mine off, it took, been cash out but I opted to invest it instead, it could have.

Holding you back before, you will love the freedom of modding if paying it off was.

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My 2016 SG would have been payed off last July if it hadn’t been totaled and caused basically a reset on the loan when I had to buy this white RS

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Premium Member
7,189 Posts
Curb feelers are a hit on the low rider community here in San Diego........ not sure for the RS community though. 🤣

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hmm..

Part of me wants to buy the complete DSC setup so I can have MagRide. RS already handles amazingly well, but I imaging without the Pogo and with Mag-Ride damping it can do magical things on a set of R compound tires at the track.

Reactions: ControlNode

·
Registered
77 Posts
Congrats! I drove my RS 700 miles to trade it in, and on the drive I was wondering if I was making the right decision. The handling and feedback of the RS, almost regardless of the conditions, is intoxicating. Then, the pogo issue reminded me there were issues as I am truthfully believing the reatend got some air on the freeway going through some unsmooth pavement. It scared me enough to drop down to 55 in a 70. Fix that (and for my fat a$$ the seat bolster issues) and the car is near perfect!!

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Anxiously I wait for my Title. Sooooon.

They have 30 days to get it to me.

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Pink slip received. Allright, who wants to race for Pinks?

Dog Carnivore Dog breed Jaw Happy

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Congratulations! Mine will be paid off in 1-5 business days too, 22 months ahead of time! I called my bank this morning and asked them to charge the balance of my loan to my account.

Sadly we do not get anything here to attest that the car is paid for except a letter from the bank! No pink slip to race for!!

UPS is planning to deliver my Nutron driftstick by end of day tomorrow, wasn’t planned as such but will be the first mod after paying the car off 🤣

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
Congrats! Coming from somebody who has paid-off a car loan for the first time, I know the feeling. This car was my very first "new car" that I could not afford to pay for in cash (all my previous cars being craiglist-specials), so this whole car loan thing was a new experience to me. Didn't stop me from trying to pay it off ASAP though. Apart from my mortgage, any sort of debt just does not sit right with me, even credit cards get paid-off every month. Guess that's what happens being a son of a banker lol

Out of genuine curiosity...what happens if you mod your car before your car is actually paid for? What are the consequences of doing so? Does the bank technically own your mods if something were to happen?

·
Premium Member
7,189 Posts
Out of genuine curiosity...what happens if you mod your car before your car is actually paid for? What are the consequences of doing so? Does the bank technically own your mods if something were to happen?
You technically own your car and any mods you do, they just placed a lien on your loan.

If you default on your loan, they own the car. You can take off your mods and put the OE parts back.

If you have GAP insurance in the event its a total loss, the bank gets paid for the car loan and you can take out your mods.

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
You technically own your car and any mods you do, they just placed a lien on your loan.

If you default on your loan, they own the car. You can take off your mods and put the OE parts back.

If you have GAP insurance in the event its a total loss, the bank gets paid for the car loan and you can take out your mods.
So, if I'm reading that correctly, there isn't really any consequence with modding your car provided you don't plan on defaulting on the loan and/or get rid of your stock parts?

And here I was happily modding since day 1 like I always have :ROFLMAO:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts