Ford Focus RS Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Sounds like you've targeted the Panama turbo, and have the finances to get one. I'd advise doing research by talking with enthusiasts that own them to learn about the best value, most troublesome, and best prefered features.

An older Panamera can be found but total cost of ownership can be pretty daunting.

1. My experience with a 2007 911tt is that I can rarely use all of the power and find that a 4s gives 95% of the pleasure with far lower costs....consider a non-turbo version before buying....you may find a nice blend of performance snd value. PS, P-car depreciation, even for higher mileage cars can be substantial. Winter is a great time to buy performance cars so timing is good.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wait, you are worried about the reliability of a ford that you have owned since new or close to it and want to replace it with a 5-7 year old porsche turbo? Seems silly.
You have to remeber you are taking on the maintenance of a $150-200k car not a $50k used car.
Your repairs and services that might be $500 on the RS are going to be triple that or more on the panamera.

i see a couple people above me already talked about this. /edit

·
Registered
78 Posts
I would drive a 911 turbo S if I won the lottery, but hard to cost justify as a daily driver in Wis. I'm getting old and the weather is getting worse.

Porsche Macan turbo on my daily driver short list next time around

·
Registered
7 Posts
I drive a 911 Turbo S, and I am super excited about getting a Focus RS, lol! You are going to have a lot less driver involvement in a Panamera, if you care about that sort of thing.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I drive a 911 Turbo S, and I am super excited about getting a Focus RS, lol! You are going to have a lot less driver involvement in a Panamera, if you care about that sort of thing.
I am a fan of the 911 Turbo S which one do you have and can you post a photo or two for us?

21 - 29 of 29 Posts