Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my ST now for almost three years (purchased 8/12) and ready for something new. I was really hoping the RS would be out before the end of the year so I could upgrade but it looks like I'm going to have to wait until Spring.

Last week I went to the Ford dealership and test drove a couple Ecoboost Mustangs and was actually quite impressed. I wasn't sold on the overall stock performance of the car but I know that can be fixed with a few bolt-ons.

With the current discounts & rebates on the Mustang Ecoboost, you can get almost $5000 off so I've been kicking the idea around all weekend. I love my ST but just ready for something new.

maxwell-ford-2015-mustang-ecoboost.jpg

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Save your money and wait for the RS. When you test drive the RS you'll wish you never waisted your money on the mustang. Mustangs tho are turning into fantastic all around performers and look great.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Coyote or forget about it on the Mustang. Much better cars out there IMO unless you just love the looks and prefer RWD. Plus they are EVERYWHERE!

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I use to love Mustangs and then they really started to creep up in price. I would never get a GT either so that doesn't help. I would also have a hard time spending 50K on a Mustang when you could get a slightly used C7 for that much but I would only consider a GT350 if I was in the market.

I have been following the Ecoboost Mustang a little and with minor work and a tune they are into the 11's, so If you want a sleeper for the 1/4 mile I wouldn't say it's a bad idea. I do how ever think the RS will trump the Mustang in driving dynamics as a drivers car. It truly depends what you are into but you do have to remember it is between the top dog Focus which is tailored to more extreme enthusiasts with tuning set up for it, or a middle market Mustang. This is the same reason why I would never buy a GT. I like my vehicles a little rough edged. I don't mind if it's loud or vibrates, I like to feel the road and connect with my vehicles, something the RS is said to do very well. This is my only complaint with my ST, being way too soft and quit to appeal to the masses.

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
I was actually thinking of a GT myself instead of the RS but I just couldn't pull the trigger on one. Nothing about the Mustang excites me...that's GT and below. If GT350 and $50k was an option I wouldn't think twice...GT350R is also a different story. If we're talking Ecoboost, RWD is great but the RS will be a much better all around car for the streets and on the track.

·
Super Moderator
15,474 Posts
@Crooked Letta

I used to love Mustangs and owned quite a few, until I realized nearly everyone owned one.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Guy from work bought a 15 (or 16? Whatever the newest MY is) EcoBoost stang... Within 2 weeks he took the hit and traded up to a GT... Pretty sure he hasn't looked back since.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
If I were to get a mustang it would be the GT. Not really sure of the point of the 4cyl in a big heavy car. I'm sure it gets better milage and that fine, but people don't buy a mustang for gas milage. What the price difference between the 4cyl and the GT anyway?

·
Registered
49 Posts
If I were to get a mustang it would be the GT. Not really sure of the point of the 4cyl in a big heavy car. I'm sure it gets better milage and that fine, but people don't buy a mustang for gas milage. What the price difference between the 4cyl and the GT anyway?
this. If the car wasnt so heavy I can see the turbo 4 in it.

Base model MSRP's come in around 25k for the EB and 32k for a GT.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I guess for what I'm looking for the extra $7k difference isn't worth it for the GT. There is something about a turbo car that I just love :) I always admired the older Mustangs but wasn't a huge fan until the recent redesign. The price for the ecoboost models always seemed a bit high though or at least compared to the ST. Now that you see them listed for $5k off sticker, it's a peaked my interest. I also haven't seen that many 2015 Mustangs on the road in my neck of the woods.

·
Registered
62 Posts
this. If the car wasnt so heavy I can see the turbo 4 in it.

Base model MSRP's come in around 25k for the EB and 32k for a GT.
A fully loaded EB pushes 38k. Kinda ridiculous

Tappin with my Galaxy S6

·
Registered
268 Posts
the EcoBoost stang my wife drives right now we will be bringing to SEMA with 400+ RWHP. Our RS will do the same. except AWHP. :)

·
Registered
1,652 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Truecar has base GT at $30029 in my area, and Performance Pack only optioned at $32293.
That's a hell of a deal, if those prices are accurate.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts