Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been watching the progress of the RS since it was revealed earlier this year, but couldn't decide between waiting for to see what Subaru brought to table for next STI refresh.

This past week I ultimately decided I was tired of waiting and started to go through the nightmarish process of finding a dealer with allocation to sell at MSRP. Called/emailed over 40 dealerships in my area, surrounding states.

Majority of dealers had no clue what I was even talking about, or if they did have any allocation they were selling at 5k-10K ADM which there was no way I was willing to do.

Today I was finally going to give up and just place a retail order at my local dealer and hope for the best. As I was getting ready to leave I got a call from a dealership about 1hr away that I had previously talked to which had 1 open allocation at MSRP, but had already ordered it to the dealerships specs.

They let me know that they had placed the order, but it had not been pulled yet, so they could change the order to my specifications. I jumped at the Idea and headed over.
Ordered Nitrous Blue RS2 package RS and received my VOC.

It all looks legit, so here's to hoping I will receive a DORA in coming days/weeks. My VOC looks like everyone else with allocation, so just hoping that they weren't pulling my leg and just placed a normal retail order; doesn't appear to be the case though.

In Kansas city Area if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Nice!!! Congrats.

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
I've been watching the progress of the RS since it was revealed earlier this year, but couldn't decide between waiting for to see what Subaru brought to table for next STI refresh.

This past week I ultimately decided I was tired of waiting and started to go through the nightmarish process of finding a dealer with allocation to sell at MSRP. Called/emailed over 40 dealerships in my area, surrounding states.

Majority of dealers had no clue what I was even talking about, or if they did have any allocation they were selling at 5k-10K ADM which there was no way I was willing to do.

Today I was finally going to give up and just place a retail order at my local dealer and hope for the best. As I was getting ready to leave I got a call from a dealership about 1hr away that I had previously talked to which had 1 open allocation at MSRP, but had already ordered it to the dealerships specs.

They let me know that they had placed the order, but it had not been pulled yet, so they could change the order to my specifications. I jumped at the Idea and headed over.
Ordered Nitrous Blue RS2 package RS and received my VOC.

It all looks legit, so here's to hoping I will receive a DORA in coming days/weeks. My VOC looks like everyone else with allocation, so just hoping that they weren't pulling my leg and just placed a normal retail order; doesn't appear to be the case though.

In Kansas city Area if anyone is interested.
Congrats! Persistence pays off!

YMMV,

MidCow3

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
317 Posts
It was a fun process when I was calling around. Some dealers had NO idea about the RS. Kinda really surprised me, how could that be. New hot car, a RS for the first time in the states and no idea what it was... When I finally called the dealer that I ordered from they knew right away and told me about the GT350 they sold, the color and all..seems excited about it. So some dealer have some car people still in the game, others have mattress salespeople that just needed another job and don't care about the cars they sell. Glad to hear you got what you wanted and at MSRP.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
So some dealer have some car people still in the game, others have mattress salespeople that just needed another job and don't care about the cars they sell.
Add in a flexible moral compass and a dose of incompetence, and you have a good picture of my experience with Ford dealers west of the Mississippi.

There are good ones out there, but man, they are hard to dig up and you have to get lucky enough to get the right person on the phone.

Jim

·
Registered
119 Posts
My dealer also stated they sold a couple of gt350 at msrp. He said he won't play the adm game. This is my first purchase from them and so far it looks like all my future purchases of Ford will be with them too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
8 Participants
manganos
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing