Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a long discussion with my wife I forfeited my allocation. For various reasons the RS just isn't going to fit us.

I called the GM yesterday and told him up front what was happening and that I was sorry I had to cancel.

They have FOUR allocations and mine was the FOURTH. So I'm very sure it wasn't ordered yet and can still be built the way you want.

Chaz Gilmore or Tony Gonzalez at GRAPEVINE FORD (817) 756-6642

Tell them Phil McIntosh sent you and I'm sure they'll take care of you like they did me!

·
Registered
520 Posts
After a long discussion with my wife I forfeited my allocation. For various reasons the RS just isn't going to fit us.

I called the GM yesterday and told him up front what was happening and that I was sorry I had to cancel.

They have FOUR allocations and mine was the FOURTH. So I'm very sure it wasn't ordered yet and can still be built the way you want.

Tell them Phil McIntosh sent you and I'm sure they'll take care of you like they did me!
Damn....always sucks to lose a member of the RS herd. But I'm sure someone here will snap up your allocation :cool:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damn....always sucks to lose a member of the RS herd. But I'm sure someone here will snap up your allocation :cool:
Yeah, part of it is comfort/lifestyle and the other part is wasting a car.

I know this car isn't a GT350 or 350R...but I still believe it's a purpose built, track driven production. I will never get to drive it like that. My wife hates aggressive cornering. I'd have a LOT of fun with AWD launches, but again, I'd have to be alone in the car to do that. I can't let myself spend $40k on a car that I can only have fun in alone or that will never get driven to it's design, much less limits.

*There are a few other reasons, but I hesitate to mention all of them as some are speculation and others I don't want to sound insulting. For one- I want something that doesn't scream at you; I want a more...adult...looking car lol. I love the RS and think it'll be awesome. I just want to tone it down a little with the looks.

·
Banned
1,389 Posts

Nerf Herder, sorry to see you go! Good Luck on being somewhat happy with your RS replacement.

YMMV,

MidCow3

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nerf Herder, sorry to see you go! Good Luck on being somewhat happy with your RS replacement.

YMMV,

MidCow3
Thanks! I'll hang around to see what this car does. I know it's going to be awesome, just doesn't fit us right now. One of my friends (he's on here too) is buying one and I've already signed up for at least a ride as soon as he gets his.

I'll be buying a Chevy SS- haven't decided on auto or manual yet. The LS engine is just calling my name...lol

·
Registered
861 Posts
So far, Nerf Herder's order is not cancelled in the database. That will probably change overnight. And FWIW it was the third allocation not the fourth. So order #4 moves up to #3, and Grapevine's stock order moves up from #5 to #4. Their stock order is priority code 99, so it will be easy for someone to knock it back down to #5 again.

·
Registered
971 Posts
So far, Nerf Herder's order is not cancelled in the database. That will probably change overnight. And FWIW it was the third allocation not the fourth. So order #4 moves up to #3, and Grapevine's stock order moves up from #5 to #4. Their stock order is priority code 99, so it will be easy for someone to knock it back down to #5 again.
Hoping you should see some changes soon. Let me know if you can. Submitted my order specifications on Wednesday and put down my deposit on Nerf Herder's slot yesterday. Don't have my VOC from them yet. Hopefully soon.

A big thank you to Nerf Herder for setting me up with this after I was so badly let down by my local dealer. Hoping for a smooth ride this time with Grapevine Ford!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hoping you should see some changes soon. Let me know if you can. Submitted my order specifications on Wednesday and put down my deposit on Nerf Herder's slot yesterday. Don't have my VOC from them yet. Hopefully soon.

A big thank you to Nerf Herder for setting me up with this after I was so badly let down by my local dealer. Hoping for a smooth ride this time with Grapevine Ford!!
Nice to see another at Grapevine Ford! Thats where I ordered mine from as well as another member here.

·
Registered
861 Posts

No change yet, probably next week.
Nice to see another at Grapevine Ford! Thats where I ordered mine from as well as another member here.
You have been selected for scheduling as Grapevine first allocation.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm a little sad...but I'm sure it'll work out great for her owner.

Chaz & Tony are great, you shouldn't have any issues.

It's bittersweet and I'll regret it seeing an RS on the road, but a rwd v8 called my name too loudly!!

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Sounds like you made a tough decision for all the right reasons.

Jim

1 - 19 of 19 Posts