Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, new member and first time poster. Thanks you to everyone for all your insight.

2 weeks ago I had no idea about the focus RS. After doing some internet searching for a sporty hatchback I was drawn to the ST. Naturally because I have a 09 Ford Fusion currently. I have been craving something with more power and a manual tranny again. My fusion has some mods but they are limited. So when I found this forum I knew the RS is what I wanted and you guys gave me all the info I needed. So then I started calling and going to some local dealers. I live around the Raleigh, NC area.

I have gotten different stories from every dealer I call. Some know nothing about the car at all, usually smaller dealers. Other larger ones in the area including Capital Ford and Crossroads Ford have told me how many they are allotted but one has said the ordering has been delayed and the other is apparently waiting on corporate for a number on pricing. Another dealer says they will not be able to order until next month. And even another says that they will have to wait until January. One says that they have several people interested and they will call me and whoever gets the deal done first gets the cars.

This is very frustrating. Anyone else finding such wide range of information from there dealers. Anyone in NC or surrounding areas know any dealers that have them available at MSRP currently. I am just ready to lock one down.

·
Registered
418 Posts
The knowledge of the RS varies from dealership to dealership...hell...even from salesmen to salesmen. I was lucky enough to find a salesmen that new more about the RS than I did at the time. His other salesmen had heard of the RS and thoguht it was RWD. It's just kinda luck of the draw.

·
Registered
23 Posts
+1
One dealer I went to had heard of it and I ultimately purchased one from them, while the other I tried thought I meant the ST. I had to keep correcting him that the RS was it's own model. They didn't end up with an allocation anyway so it didn't matter.

So despite my deposit in, order confirmed in the order bank, they don't know the final price yet. Could be a better process.

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
First off, new member and first time poster. Thanks you to everyone for all your insight.

2 weeks ago I had no idea about the focus RS. After doing some internet searching for a sporty hatchback I was drawn to the ST. Naturally because I have a 09 Ford Fusion currently. I have been craving something with more power and a manual tranny again. My fusion has some mods but they are limited. So when I found this forum I knew the RS is what I wanted and you guys gave me all the info I needed. So then I started calling and going to some local dealers. I live around the Raleigh, NC area.

I have gotten different stories from every dealer I call. Some know nothing about the car at all, usually smaller dealers. Other larger ones in the area including Capital Ford and Crossroads Ford have told me how many they are allotted but one has said the ordering has been delayed and the other is apparently waiting on corporate for a number on pricing. Another dealer says they will not be able to order until next month. And even another says that they will have to wait until January. One says that they have several people interested and they will call me and whoever gets the deal done first gets the cars.

This is very frustrating. Anyone else finding such wide range of information from there dealers. Anyone in NC or surrounding areas know any dealers that have them available at MSRP currently. I am just ready to lock one down.
C Turbo,

First. welcome to the forum. The RS is a great choice and with leg-work, thread reading, and diligence you should be able to get an RS hopefully at MSRP or better. There are lots and lots of posts here about dealers in different locations; sit down ones pertinent to your area, Raleigh ,NC. Then contact and contact until you find the right dealer and the right price.

Good Luck!

YMMV,

MidCow3

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 4 of 4 Posts