Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was searching for touch up paint and didn't see any posts covering the topic. I need to take care of a rock chip on my SG and, although this is not a new color for ford, it is not available at our local ford dealers currently.
After a bit of searching, I found a kit on ebay UK that said it included paint and clearcoat and would ship internationally, so for $18.28 it was worth a shot.
I'm not excited about having to touch up a rock chip already, but if we can share tips and tricks here, maybe it wont be so bad.

here is the kit I found on ebay
Ford Touch Up Paint Set Stealth Plus Clear Coat Lacquer 1872811 | eBay

to our NB brothers out there, <edit> look below! :)

·
Registered
729 Posts
I was searching for touch up paint and didn't see any posts covering the topic. I need to take care of a rock chip on my SG and, although this is not a new color for ford, it is not available at our local ford dealers currently.
After a bit of searching, I found a kit on ebay UK that said it included paint and clearcoat and would ship internationally, so for $18.28 it was worth a shot.
I'm not excited about having to touch up a rock chip already, but if we can share tips and tricks here, maybe it wont be so bad.

here is the kit I found on ebay
Ford Touch Up Paint Set Stealth Plus Clear Coat Lacquer 1872811 | eBay

to our NB brothers out there, you are on your own for now, but hopefully something turns up soon.
For anyone else looking I found Nitrous Blue here https://touchupdirect.com/shop/touch-up-paint/ford-focus-nitrous-blue-quad-coat-dw-automotive/

I have some touch up to do on the bolts I removed for my hood struts.

Australians have another option Ford FOCUS RS Touchup Paint Codes Automotive Touch Up Paint Australia

·
Registered
273 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Touchupdirect.com is also where I purchased SG paint for my hood fastener touch up after struts installed.
how did it match? I wanted to go with oem after reading mixed reviews about touchupdirect. the cost of their paint pen shipped was almost equal to the paint and clearcoat from the uk ford dealer if I remember correctly. I just hope the color is close. If its close Ill never notice, if its not, Ill notice every time.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'm ordering some from here.

Touch Up Paint and Accessories | AutomotiveTouchup

I ordered the Performance Blue for my 2013 ST from them and it matched perfectly. The kit I got came with Primer, Paint and Clearcoat. They don't have the Nitrous Blue on their website, but I'm going to call them and give them the paint code. They said that's all they need when I spoke with them.

Stay tuned for updates.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I bought some NB locally as it's mixed - 3 parts. NB base, pearl and then clear topcoat. Had to attend to a rock chip on the hood before the Xpel went on. Have done many repairs on my classic car, so went to it and you wouldn't know it existed. Definitely pays to have a DA polisher and all the right compounds and pads after sanding to bring it up to a blended unnoticeable finish.......

·
Registered
273 Posts
how did it match? I wanted to go with oem after reading mixed reviews about touchupdirect. the cost of their paint pen shipped was almost equal to the paint and clearcoat from the uk ford dealer if I remember correctly. I just hope the color is close. If its close Ill never notice, if its not, Ill notice every time.
The color is close and the clearcoat helps to match the shine/depth that SG has.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I've got some spots on the left rear quarter panel and bumper where my G/F backed down the side trying to get out of driveway. After buffing off the scuffing from her Kia I've got couple areas of white. Will the touch up deal with the star dust factor in the NB? Her insurance is covering but I'm going to need to find a shop competent enough Thinking of using Ford, its their paint work.

I bought some NB locally as it's mixed

·
Registered
340 Posts
I bought some NB locally as it's mixed - 3 parts. NB base, pearl and then clear topcoat. Had to attend to a rock chip on the hood before the Xpel went on. Have done many repairs on my classic car, so went to it and you wouldn't know it existed. Definitely pays to have a DA polisher and all the right compounds and pads after sanding to bring it up to a blended unnoticeable finish.......
Where did you source it from locally?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
158 Posts
Anyone have a source or know the blue color of the "RS" logo and/or Brembo caliper Blue?

·
Administrator
16,988 Posts

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
Got my first very small chip on the edge of the hood by the headlamp. Ordered Stealth Gray (B9) touch up from Ford part # PMPC-19500-E012A $14.70. As expected, the paint matched perfectly.

Advertising Material property Banner Auto part Sign

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
My dealership called, the Stealth Grey is available now!!

·
Super Moderator
8,435 Posts
I just picked up my RS from the dealership today.

I ordered a set of NB Styling hood struts last week and I will be touching up the minor scratch where the bonnet post goes to the hood.

I talked to the parts dept and they told me that the touch up paint is a pen type: Part number PMPP19500E013A.

I showed him the following Picture:

Text Book

He indicated for the coverage I need the pen is good enough... he is not even sure if he can still get the 4 step one.

He did guarantee its the right color.

·
Registered
565 Posts

I ordered a set of NB Styling hood struts last week and I will be touching up the minor scratch where the bonnet post goes to the hood.

I talked to the parts dept and they told me that the touch up paint is a pen type: Part number PMPP19500E013A.

View attachment 316754

He indicated for the coverage I need the pen is good enough... he is not even sure if he can still get the 4 step one.

the picture you posted is the one I use. Is PRECISELY THE PERFECT color.

One trick i use , I mix both bases (color, flakes) + one part of clear coat, so it hardens faster and I apply it after 2 mins of mixing so its less "liquid".

·
Registered
330 Posts

View attachment 316754

Where can you find this 4-step one?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought the Dr Color Chip repair kit a while back and wanted to share my experience. The color matches almost exactly, BUT it is does not have the sparkles. I fixed these a few months ago, and I just tried to find one again to see how hard they are to find. It took me about 60 seconds with a flash light for me to find one of them on the hood. That was going up and down the hood with a flashlight and my face 1 ft away. Mostly the only reason I can see it is cause I did not do a very good job filling in the chip so it would be flat with the paint. Honestly I just wanted an easy fix to make those white chips disappear, and this worked really well. You really cant see them unless it is in direct light, and you really put your face up to the paint and REALLY look for them.
Blue Finger Hand Sky Thumb

Finger Blue Hand Nail Electric blue

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Great to finally hear some feedback on dr. colorchip. The process seems great but that's disappointing that it doesn't have metallic flake. I'm having more body work done on mine and asked if they could give me some extra paint to touch up (they wouldn't) so they will brush touch some chips for me...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts