Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to buy a RS since I heard about it. I live in a small population area (Iowa) so no local dealerships received any allocations. Really long story short, and talks with lots of Ford dealerships, I asked my local dealership if they could get me one. I was told that their regional manager said it would be no problem and put a order in. Which was done the day the order banks opened up. I have been hounding the dealership almost weekly since then to get a copy of my VOC and DORA. Every time I asked I was kind of given the run around. Last Wednesday, I was called and asked for my info: address, social, spelling of name....etc. I asked why, at this point did they ask for this info and was told they needed it to request for information from Ford. I should mention, I have purchased vehicles from these people before and they should of had all of this info already.
I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me what is going on. I am suspicious and have put all of my eggs in this basket. They did tell me I should have my VOC and Dora by the end of the week. That time has come and gone.

Anyone else frustrated by the wait?

·
Registered
898 Posts
Honestly, I think they're going to make plenty of cars, I wouldn't worry.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I've been trying to buy a RS since I heard about it. I live in a small population area (Iowa) so no local dealerships received any allocations. Really long story short, and talks with lots of Ford dealerships, I asked my local dealership if they could get me one. I was told that their regional manager said it would be no problem and put a order in. Which was done the day the order banks opened up. I have been hounding the dealership almost weekly since then to get a copy of my VOC and DORA. Every time I asked I was kind of given the run around. Last Wednesday, I was called and asked for my info: address, social, spelling of name....etc. I asked why, at this point did they ask for this info and was told they needed it to request for information from Ford. I should mention, I have purchased vehicles from these people before and they should of had all of this info already.

I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me what is going on. I am suspicious and have put all of my eggs in this basket. They did tell me I should have my VOC and Dora by the end of the week. That time has come and gone.

There are some other people on this forum who have had the same request for name and address recently. I believe the thought was perhaps some promotional material from Ford. I am not frustrated with the wait per say. Just anxious.

·
Registered
971 Posts

From personal experience, I can tell you having a VOC and DORA doesn't really mean much, apart from giving you your order number. I have a VOC and DORA from my last dealer. Doesn't mean anything if they don't have allocation. If you have your order number and dealer code or name, and you haven't already done so, you can post them in the order status thread and have them check its in the system at least. This still doesn't mean your dealer has an allocation, or that your order matches one of their allocation. That's been the most frustrating part of this process. Until your order gets selected for scheduling you don't know for certain that your order matches up to an allocation!

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
If you have your briefcase with $65 to $75 thousand in cash you will get one as soon as they come off the boat. Plenty of dealers looking for a buck out there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
78 Posts
what i was told from my dealer about why they needed all my info is that ford wanted to make sure these cars were going to real people and dealers weren't just trying to order them to ghost customers so they would have them on the lot. my guess is that dealers would do this and then they could mark it up since no one (almost no one) in their right mind would agree to pay $10k over sticker.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
I get suspicious anytime anyone calls and asks me for my SS#; they should know better. I would at least get a corporate number to call them back at. Could be that someone got a mailing list somewhere and is now phishing.

Jim

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just got an email from the dealer with a order code, dealer code, and a condescending little note inferring the car can be taken away from me. We have only talked price about the FoRS, not my trade 2013 FoST. This is going to get messy.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I just got an email from the dealer with a order code, dealer code, and a condescending little note inferring the car can be taken away from me. We have only talked price about the FoRS, not my trade 2013 FoST. This is going to get messy.

Sell it private party and do it before anybody knows what the RS is.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Anyone interested in a low mileage 2013 FoST2 with moon and nav?? Lol

·
Registered
653 Posts
Curious as to the "condescending little note"... scare tactics?

I'm selling my FiST private party to maximize value (because I'm dumb and bought it ahead of knowing the RS was actually releasing, so I'm taking a substantial loss). However, if I were offered a more decent trade in at the dealership I'd hop all over it for convenience.

Best of luck to you in whatever course of action you take!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
"The name that is currently on the order is yours..."

1 - 17 of 17 Posts