·
Registered
459 Posts
I went the same way except I traded my RS.... Mustang.jpg

·
Registered
429 Posts
Beautiful car, Nice color.

Put Corsa 3" Xtreme with Corsa Longtubes on your GT and Be The Man.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice stable

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How do you guys like it compared to the RS? How much did they cost? Thanks!
Well - I love mine but it's not broken in yet, so I really haven't wound it out. It is very different in many ways - RWD V8 v. AWD Turbo4. The Mustang doesn't feel like your going fast - I'm in the break in period lollygagging around in 5th or 6th driving like a granny and my speedo says 100 MPH. It's really amazing.

Mine is a base with 301A (2K), PP2 (6.5K), Cloth Recaros (1.6K). I paid 43K +TTL. Special Order. Love It.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm probably just going to get an E85 tune and call it a day. :untroubled:

·
Registered
459 Posts
Well - I love mine but it's not broken in yet, so I really haven't wound it out. It is very different in many ways - RWD V8 v. AWD Turbo4. The Mustang doesn't feel like your going fast - I'm in the break in period lollygagging around in 5th or 6th driving like a granny and my speedo says 100 MPH. It's really amazing.

Mine is a base with 301A (2K), PP2 (6.5K), Cloth Recaros (1.6K). I paid 43K +TTL. Special Order. Love It.
How do you guys like it compared to the RS? How much did they cost? Thanks!

:ughdance:

Yes they are very different cars and I agree 100% with what @LPE403 said.

On the street the Mustang has a more pleasant ride. Of course my RS had stiffer springs for the track, but the Mustang PP2 Magna Ride is much better. My wife likes it better.
Doesn't feel as fast but it is. Its a big car, it feels big.

Exhaust Sound. No fake noise. With the Mustang and active exhaust I can go quiet or full loud in track mode... I love it and its a V8!!

On track at WGI my stock RS ran 2:18, with mods I got to 2:11.3
the Mustang stock (first time out) 2:12 with a bit more time I believe I'll get to sub 2:10s

Track the RS in the rain sooo much fun... Don't know about the Mustang but I can't see it having the confidence the RS had.

Both are very easy to drive on the track.
Both can be coaxed into overstreer but the Mustang is easier.
The RS on track suffer from brake issues, the Mustang w/ PP2 and track pads had no issues.

The RS requires camber plates and -2.5 to -3.0 degrees of camber. The Mustang would benefit from this but did not eat the tire edges with -1.5 camber.

The shifter in the RS was very nice and I never missed a shift. The Mustang shifter is body mounted and shifts are iffy when the engine is torqued. Just driving on the street the shifts were vague enough that I installed a transmission mount shifter bracket and stiffer trans mount insert before I went to the track. On track with this set up I never missed a shift.

Noises: The RS had some buzziness.... B piler issues. The Mustang is tighter. But I do get a buzz from something on the right side behind the dash.

I loved my RS and miss some aspects of it. But I love the Mustang more.

I picked up my 2018 Mustang GT with 3000 miles. PP2, Active Exhaust, Recaros for $35k Sticker was $45k

1 - 13 of 13 Posts