Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I haven't seen a thread yet the brings all the people that have their cars wrapped together... so I'll start it off here is my RS wrapped in Avery Dennison Satin Rushing Riptide with Matte black roof.

Attachments

·
Registered
304 Posts
This thread didn't get too much love for some reason but I'm planning on attempting a wrap in the coming weeks. Did you do this yourself? If so, did you remove the bumpers, mirrors, and spoiler?

·
Registered
304 Posts
May I ask how much you all are paying for these wrap jobs?
If you want to do it yourself the "right way" with heat, surface prep, and squeegees, budget $75. Then add $5-800 in vinyl for a roll. A shop will charge anything from around $1.5k for a basic job without covering door jambs or removing body parts up to $3k for essentially complete coverage.

I like projects, so this is a DIY for me. I figure I may as well upgrade the intercooler while the bumper is off.

·
Registered
17 Posts
32C1A8A8-DA40-417B-92B0-07120D9BFCCC.jpeg 1CC2024F-762A-4386-922F-C82EC0831969.jpeg
Also DIY, wrapped with Vvivid vinyl matte black. Total with all the tools, and vinyl cost me roughly $750. It did take me about 40 hours as it was the first time over ever done it, and I took every trim piece off that I could to wrap around to prevent lifting. Not perfect by any means but I can live with the minor blemishes.

·
Registered
201 Posts
View attachment 230594 View attachment 230602
Also DIY, wrapped with Vvivid vinyl matte black. Total with all the tools, and vinyl cost me roughly $750. It did take me about 40 hours as it was the first time over ever done it, and I took every trim piece off that I could to wrap around to prevent lifting. Not perfect by any means but I can live with the minor blemishes.
Noice saving 1700$ and having the peace of mind that it’s being disassembled and reassembled correctly and with care.. I’d say it looks ****in bad ass. Touché man

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
I paid $2300 in 2013.
I’ve been quoted about that to about double that. The prices are so random it feels like they are guessing what I’d be willing to pay.

Maybe dress homeless, swear a lot, and show up with a dirty car to get a good deal?

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
I’ve been quoted about that to about double that. The prices are so random it feels like they are guessing what I’d be willing to pay.

Maybe dress homeless, swear a lot, and show up with a dirty car to get a good deal?
Not sure if the hobo route will get you a discount. I went with the best shop in the area and chose 3M. Higher prices usually mean it's taking longer or they're removing more parts to make appear seamless.

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
Poop at hobo trickery not working.

I suspect that you’re correct. Higher price hopefully means a higher quality installation.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts

That's why I asked - I have called various places within 2 hours of me and they all range from 800-1000 to 4000-5000 for similar options.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts