Ford Focus RS Forum banner

8th Annual EcoBoost Takeover the Tail of the Dragon Event, who's going?

• I'm unsure given work or other commitments

Votes: 0 0.0%
581 - 600 of 613 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,866 Posts
I'm heading up there for a trip at the end of this month but i've always wanted to go up there when Fall is starting, so maybe this is the year. I'm trying to talk another local RS owner to come with me for this, if he agrees to go, then I'll be there.

·
Registered
212 Posts
If I can get the car running right again I will be there. Haven't been down there since 2005/6 on my CBR 600. Which i did lay down 3 miles in. Just a low slide. Thank god for leathers. I stayed on it so the slide only scraped a fairing and a little bit of leather. Picked it up, rode another 2 days down there and back to Northern VA. It was the BYOB motorcycle rally.

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
If I can get the car running right again I will be there. Haven't been down there since 2005/6 on my CBR 600. Which i did lay down 3 miles in. Just a low slide. Thank god for leathers. I stayed on it so the slide only scraped a fairing and a little bit of leather. Picked it up, rode another 2 days down there and back to Northern VA. It was the BYOB motorcycle rally.
Ouch.
My only ride on the Dragon (‘99 BMW R1100) was one way (just passing thru) after a seriously huge t-storm. Wet and covered with leaves and twigs, and one grapefruit sized rock 1/2 way thru. Probably a good thing, as temptation was removed, and we had the road to ourselves.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Facebook Stats updated:

Going - 8
Interested - 89
Shares - 5

With 6 weeks to go, we're shaping up to have a decent size crew this year. Due to expected size, we'll be meeting up on Saturday morning (18SEP2021) at The Wildwood Grill in Fontana Village Resort at 9:00am. There's plenty of parking there to get ourselves organized and a gas station nearby to fill up before heading out on the group run.

Wildwood Grill
300 Woods Road
Fontana Dam, NC 28733
(the parking lot is actually on Welch Road at Fontana Road)

·
Registered
52 Posts
There are 4 of us coming up for the event. Looking forward to seeing everyone and enjoying the roads.

·
Registered
936 Posts
@MorningZ and @Oviedoironman, are you talking about the same 4 cars? Or is there a total of 8 coming up from Florida?

·
Registered
52 Posts
@MorningZ and @Oviedoironman, are you talking about the same 4 cars? Or is there a total of 8 coming up from Florida?
Same cars...4 total. I didn't see that MorningZ had already posted. But I did confirm with the other two guys today. Should be a fun ride all weekend!

Reactions: MorningZ and dkirby

·
Registered
936 Posts
With about 2 weeks to go, Facebook stats updated;

Going - 12
Interested - 121

·
Registered
936 Posts
PSA: Cell phone coverage is extremely limited in the area. Tune your FRS radio to channel 2 (462.5875 MHz) with CTCSS privacy code 3 (74.4 Hz) 🤓. IOW, channel 2.3 😁. If anyone else is FCC licensed for GMRS transmission, let me know. We might try some longer range communications.

·
Registered
60 Posts
@dkirby
Just to make sure I'm not goofing on the map. We are meeting in this parking lot, correct?
Ecoregion Map Biome Terrestrial plant Screenshot

If so, I picked the wrong place to stay. I'm on the other side of lake Santeetlah 2.25 hours away! 🥲
I guess it'll be an early morning for me. Haha

·
Premium Member
3,613 Posts
PSA: Cell phone coverage is extremely limited in the area. Tune your FRS radio to channel 2 (462.5875 MHz) with CTCSS privacy code 3 (74.4 Hz) . IOW, channel 2.3 . If anyone else is FCC licensed for GMRS transmission, let me know. We might try some longer range communications.
I wish I was going. Plan on having 40-50W radio in the car with external antenna.

·
Registered
936 Posts
@Skykri, that's the spot (red pin). 2.25 hours away!?!

@ControlNode, I'm broadcasting at 15W with an external antenna but nobody to play with :(.

·
Registered
60 Posts
That's the spot (red pin). 2.25 hours away!?!
Yes, if you're dumb and can't Google maps. Lol

I accidentally selected the "cycling" option
🤦‍♂️

Map Ecoregion World Font Screenshot

Map World Line Font Screenshot

Seeing that it actually only takes 30 mins to drive I think Ima take 129 and then 28 up to the meet spots.
Sorry bout that!

• Haha
Reactions: dkirby

·
Registered
936 Posts
1 week to go here's the latest attendees as best I can piece together from the forum and Facebook;

FoRS - 11
FoST - 7
FiST - 1
Mustang - 1
Fusion - 1

581 - 600 of 613 Posts