Ford Focus RS Forum banner

8th Annual EcoBoost Takeover the Tail of the Dragon Event, who's going?

• I'm unsure given work or other commitments

Votes: 0 0.0%
561 - 580 of 613 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #561 ·
I didn't take a single picture, and didn't realize it until I got home. I guess I was living in the moment. Thanks to everyone for posting their photos so I can steal them.
@dkirby

Hey, you did climb Bald River Falls to the wading pool so you have an excuse.

It was also cool to watch and hear the Plott hounds hunting bears at the Overlook.

Disappointed that there was no Big Foot sighting at Outlands, but someone venture into the river. Namaste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: RS'er and Skykri

·
Super Moderator
16,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #562 ·

The overlook panoramic, in the clouds.

·
Super Moderator
16,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #563 ·
No one took a photo of the Audi up in the trees?

·
Registered
936 Posts
Reactions: RS'er and Hoonigan

·
Super Moderator
16,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #566 ·
Damn. I am impressed with the hospitality of the locals. We should totally look into that option in the future. Thanks for the recon, @RS'er. I'm going to attempt to run the hillclimb tomorrow about 3:30 for my own peace of mind. But I'm heading straight there from Louisville, KY, so we'll see how accurate my ETA is haha.
I believe now our go to site is Outland Gas and Grocery In Robbinsville. Dana is the guy at Outland, totally awesome and made our visit with his offer to have the social at his shop along the river side.

·
Premium Member
3,613 Posts
Glad you all had a fun, safe event. I had fun too and the Time Trail National event was great, even better news, next year TTN is moving to June 10-13 I think so I should be free for the EcoBoost cruise again.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I'm just going to leave this here.

Reactions: Skykri

·
Super Moderator
16,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #569 ·
Blowing off some dust here in the thread since it's been a few months of no chatter.

This year's event is planned for 17-19 September 2021. Those interested in attending should start looking for lodging now while the pickings are still good.

@dkirby has already scored a VRBO in Robbinsville and we're working on planned events. The Fontana Village resort should have vacancies since our event will be the week prior to the yearly Clogging event.

·
Registered
936 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Alright to show up day of? I live about an hour and a half, no need to hotel it for me.
That's got to be awesome. How many times a month do you make the drive there to rip around?

·
Registered
60 Posts
My airbnb is reserved. See you all in September!

·
Registered
936 Posts
Facebook invite. This is listed as a public event, so please share with other interested groups.

·
Super Moderator
16,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #578 ·
Updated the poll as an idea of who's interested in attending.

·
Registered
936 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #580 ·
561 - 580 of 613 Posts