Ford Focus RS Forum banner

7th Annual EcoBoost Takeover the Tail of the Dragon Event, who's going?

• I'll be there

• I'm unsure given work or other commitments

• I'll have to pass

• I'm on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
481 - 495 of 495 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #481
NEWSFLASH: 25-27 September 2020

This is the projected date for a suggested next run of the Tail of the Dragon for those interested.

Fontana Village has closed its doors with no re-opening date mentioned. Here's a link to their site: Fontana Village Resort Smoky Mountain Resort & Marina | Family vacation packages and weekend getaways at Fontana Village Resort.

VRBO is the best option and there are several cabins listed as being available during this time period.

@dkirby and I have been looking at sharing a 4 bedroom cabin next door to the cabin we stayed at last year. Depending on my daughter's military obligation she may or may not be able to attend. So we'll be looking for additional roommates for this event. We'll also put together a list of what items to bring for cookouts, bonfires, and adult beverage time while at the cabin. PM for further details and hope to see you there.

Reactions: misterchonger

·
Registered
878 Posts
Preliminary polling results from Facebook

·
Super Moderator
16,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #483
Added poll to our site for a temperature check.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I'll know as we get closer, but I'll likely attend assuming world events haven't changed too much since then with covid.

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
I'm very likely if the info on my loan is right, showing payoff in Sept, but current balance is only $330 so it should be paid off next week. But, if I get invited to work the Time Trail Nationals in KY event I'll likely be there working that.

·
Premium Member
1,747 Posts
So I just got back on Sunday from being up there for 5 days.... it was a BIG question on whether or not people (myself) included would actually commit to going.. did end up going..

Rented this excellent cabin, although the road to it and the driveway were dicey at best, but both the RS and my friend's Skyline handled it just fine clearance wise. The neighborhood is that gated community on 28 just before it meets 129. The cabin was great, we had 5 adults and a baby spread across the 4 bedroom place. There were like 10-12 others total from our yearly gang with a handful who stayed at "O'Henry's", a VRBO right along 129 that is just south of that spans-above-across-the-road pipe that is a few miles down from Tapoco, that was a neat place, although they said it was quite noisy most the time with people buzzing by.

It sure was nice to get away for a week, we had a lot of fun up there and the traffic on the roads was much lighter than past years (understandably)

·
Premium Member
3,439 Posts
Need to see coverage here at work.

My tech is off for 2 weeks and he is in Virginia.

·
Super Moderator
16,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #488
Spoke with @dkirby last night and was able to decide on a 3 bedroom cabin for the TOTD event. @dmtalon hope that you're able to make it out since we have room at the cabin.

Any other locals coming out for this? @lflouie @RS'er @Snakeman05 @Suprman

Any others considering, check out the poll at the top of the page.

Reactions: RS'er

·
Registered
427 Posts
Where is the option to vote to attend via Zoom meeting?

Reactions: nicklulu

·
Registered
878 Posts
How do you go about finding a cabin? Are you using airbnb?
@Hoonigan and I are booked through VRBO. We're staying just off of US129 south of the Tapoco Lodge, north of lake Santeetlah.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I'm very likely if the info on my loan is right, showing payoff in Sept, but current balance is only $330 so it should be paid off next week. But, if I get invited to work the Time Trail Nationals in KY event I'll likely be there working that.
The SCCA has cancelled the Solo Nationals :(

·
Super Moderator
16,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #493
481 - 495 of 495 Posts