Ford Focus RS Forum banner

The Official Nitrous Blue Thread

537K views 1K replies 362 participants last post by  hydrostream 
#1 ·
Does anyone have a pic of the Nitrous Blue color? Or something close to that shade?

#3 ·
Sadly it was only for the unveiling. Special release color. :(

#8 ·
Nitrous bottle. Just off of grabber blue.

Technology Electronic device

#10 ·
Nitrous bottle. Just off of grabber blue.

View attachment 237
Always thought Grabber Blue or something like it should be offered on the ST... looks good as a wrap on go46ball from focusst.org

Land vehicle Rim Vehicle Motor vehicle Car

I'm hoping "Nitrous Blue" is just another name for "Liquid Blue" because that color is a winner. I hope it comes as a tri-coat option like Ruby Red for my Mustang. Its worth the $995 option IMO to have really good tri-coat paint. I really want to see it side by side in all colors offered and just pick the first one that jumps at me.

Attachments

#12 ·
Ooooooooooh aaaaaaaaah!

#17 ·
Any variations of these shades shown so far works for me! All of my favorite RS cars I ogled over have been blue and the launch color looks amazing! My ST is Tangerine Scream so I would still like something that "pops" in a crowd and is easy to spot in the parking lot. I'm hoping something along these lines: I think Volvo calls it Rebel Blue:
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Volvo cars Automotive design

#23 ·
I was also hoping for something closer to Liquid Blue, or maybe a little darker. From the pictures this blue is lighter than I wanted. Maybe Stealth Gray with black stripes will move to top of my color list, plenty of time to think before order can be placed. Also, liking the radio in the Euro version pictures much more than the US.

#25 ·
I would rather Performance Blue over the Nitrous Blue at this point. But the NB looks to almost match the calipers, for what that is worth.

Reactions: texasmr2 and PDX:RS
#75 ·
I agree; I much prefer the Performance Blue, but I'll see if the Nitrous Blue grows on me. I also am not a big fan of the blue calipers that will be on all the RS's.

#36 ·
Higher res pics ripped off from Autoblog (removed the annoying thumbnail crap that they tack onto the image, and also removed the auto download crap).
This picture cracks me up, they either removed part of the antenna or photoshoped it off to not disrupt the line for the rear wing.

#30 ·
Increased output is generated by a new low-inertia twin-scroll turbocharger with larger compressor that delivers significantly greater airflow, along with a much bigger intercooler to maximize charge density. Engine breathing is enhanced through a less restrictive intake design, and a large-bore high-performance exhaust system with electronically controlled valve in the tailpipe helps optimize the balance of back pressure and noise output.

Engine cooling has been given the highest priority. Engineers created additional space within the front of the car to house a significantly larger radiator pack – the biggest ever fitted to a Focus – that provides the level of cooling demanded for hard driving. The cylinder head is produced from an upgraded alloy material capable of withstanding higher temperatures, and is mounted on a more robust head gasket with improved thermal capability. Stronger high-tensile cast-iron liners are used for the cylinder block.
:cool:

#32 ·
I was hoping that NB was a blue close to the color of the RS emblem, there goes that. As of now I'm leaning towards white. The black on the wing is a nice touch. The blue stitching really popped in those pics, would have been nice to see full shots of the seats. I probably wont go for the optional wheels since there only 1.3 pounds lighter and I could find something even lighter.

Pink Car seat Font Design Footwear

Ford says its "a vibrant four-coat metallic finish", but these new pics make this color look rather blah to me. I dont know much about photography but the pics look computer generated or heavily filtered. So maybe, just maybe, the color will turn out a bit different (for the better). Ill probably go to the NY show and I'm guessing this color will be the color displayed there.

#33 ·
I was hoping that NB was a blue close to the color of the RS emblem, there goes that. As of now I'm leaning towards white. The black on the wing is a nice touch. The blue stitching really popped in those pics, would have been nice to see full shots of the seats. I probably wont go for the optional wheels since there only 1.3 pounds lighter and I could find something even lighter.

View attachment 482

Ford says its "a vibrant four-coat metallic finish", but these new pics make this color look rather blah to me. I dont know much about photography but the pics look computer generated or heavily filtered. So maybe, just maybe, the color will turn out a bit different (for the better). Ill probably go to the NY show and I'm guessing this color will be the color displayed there.
It should be the color displayed at the show, take lots of real pics and report back!