561 - 580 of 583 Posts

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
I’m on 33k now and just about to pull the trigger on a ported head and cams💪

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
Officially crossed the 100k mark in my second session. Crossed the mark near the beginning of my last lap in the second session but didn't notice obviously until back in the pits at 100004km 😁

Put about 72km on track today for an average of 4 laps per session! GPS waypoints are kinda funny too! No damage, car is still going strong and I’m going home happy!

Hope to cross the 200k someday in a similar way! Enjoy driving your RS everyone!

Plant Car Automotive design Vehicle Motor vehicle

Gadget Font Line Display device Electronic device

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
It occurs to me after searching this thread - there don't seem to be any RDU problems reported, even by the higher mileage cars.

I know there are ~5-7 cars that reported low-mileage RDU problems discussed elsewhere, but none I could find here. That's a great thing...

·
Registered
2018 Race Red Ford Focus RS, Chicago
726 Posts
Speedometer Odometer Car Tachometer Vehicle

Light Temperature Measuring instrument Line Gas

I took both pictures yesterday. I am at 1,720 miles. The second photo was at the Shell Station near my home. First time I bought gas since last year and I only bought gas once last year, it was $3.93/ gallon on August 16, 2021 and yesterday it was $6.75/gallon. Costco was $6.20/gallon, I would have bought gas at Costco but my friend couldn’t get his Costco card to work. The moral of this story is that I should have driven my RS more last year when gas prices were lower and I think I have already put more miles on my RS already this year than last year but last year I drove a lot of times going to car shows close to home, this year not so many car shows, just putting around in my RS for the fun of it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
50,302 miles, original owner since September 2016. I sold it to a local Toyota dealer a few weeks ago.

Mine had a PTU leak at one point, which was covered under warranty, then the head gasket recall, which was also covered by Ford, but took the nearest local Ford dealer 31 days to accomplish. That same dealer also forgot to put the oil cap back on after an oil change and ended up buying me a replacement hood liner since the original was soaked with oil. That was the last time I had my car serviced there.

Later on, right before I decided I was going to sell the car, I discovered an oil leak while changing my oil, which was apparently due to incorrect reassembly by the dealer that accomplished the head gasket recall. Several bolts were missing on the timing cover and some bolt holes had their threads stripped out. A different dealer handled the repairs for that fiasco, which WASN'T covered by warranty or the first dealer, despite my best efforts. Ouch.

561 - 580 of 583 Posts