Ford Focus RS Forum banner
521 - 540 of 550 Posts

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
It's all in one, you can't just replace the bulb, you have to replace the whole unit.
The car is still under warranty so next service they will look at that. It's not a wiring issue, apparently it's quite common for this to happen to the unit, the pommies are all whinging about it on their forum too.

Reactions: nicklulu

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Had 9500 when I bought it, had it 3 yrs now and got 30000 miles on the clock

·
Registered
24 Posts
A little over 40k. Really hate the door seals on these things. Have had them replaced under warranty and they keep falling right off. Nothing gives the car a more cheap feeling than trying to close the door with black things dangling.

·
Registered
2018 RS, 2019 Mustang GT PP2, 2021 MME GTPE
187 Posts
Just the other day: Went ahead and put in a whole new airbox because the threads in the bottom half of the box stripped out.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Bought it at 16,996 in October of last year, currently sitting at 24,400. I've loved ever second of it, too :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Just passed a whopping 7k. This year has been terrible for getting out.
2017 bought in late 18. Fiesta hit 11k though!

Reactions: nicklulu

·
Registered
106 Posts
Just passed 2,000 miles since I got the car on April 2nd.

It's now at 21,300 miles.

That's 2,000 miles in 51 days, 39.2 miles a day, 7 stops for gas, and 1 big ass smile on my face the whole damn time! 😆

·
Registered
2017 Black RS
527 Posts
I think many of my miles are from "test driving" around, because it's just a fun car to drive around and be stupid in. I've recently hit 33k miles and I picked it up with 25k miles last June.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Yes @trejr, what @Slurve asked. ^^ Plus more details: are you tuned? What other mods? HG/head replacement? We need details!

@RedBaron80 same questions, that's also an impressive # of miles.
I’ve posted my service history a bunch.

But to recap.

HG/ Head/ cat replaced due to recall at 48k
Clutch at 75k.
A few ruined “skid plates”
Rear latch doesn’t open(unless you use the button)
But honestly that’s it.

Plus hundreds of autoX runs and some track days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Focus RS 2018SE
8 Posts
Bought mine new in November 2018 and have 51000km (approx 32000miles). Pre pandemic was my daily driver vehicle to Toronto. Excellent overall value and experience ! It’s still the best car I owned .very few maintenance concerns except tires. Pretty much stock just a boomba BOV and mountune filter

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
Just reached 90k km! Having some weird issue under WOT in any speed spitting pops out the exhaust accelerating for a while…will be replacing plugs after my vacations and bring it in for repair if it doesnt fix it! Otherwise been pretty reliable for the last two years since I got all the HG related issues and rear fenders paint peeling fixed!

Edit 19/Aug/2021: spoke too fast paint is bubbling on RH rear fender…will need fixing for a third time in five years…this is getting frustrating and now out of warranty (only covered by three years warranty and not at all under my 8 years extended warranty 😤)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yes @trejr, what @Slurve asked. ^^ Plus more details: are you tuned? What other mods? HG/head replacement? We need details!

@RedBaron80 same questions, that's also an impressive # of miles.
I have a mild tune from Justin at Freektune here in NH. 369hp/395tq at the wheel. Mountune intake, FMIC, and cat back exhaust. CP-e catted down pipe, and I drive fairly aggressively after the motor is warmed up. I received a long block from Ford at 50,000 miles due to the HG issue. I've gone through 2 clutches. LOF done every 10k miles. I will be needing a tear down as oil consumption is becoming an issue. Time for rings. I really enjoy my RS, but I think it may become my winter car if I can find a GT350R as my fair weather DD.

521 - 540 of 550 Posts