Ford Focus RS Forum banner

461 - 479 of 479 Posts

·
Registered
2016 RS
140 Posts
I just rolled over 60k ,bought with 40k in October!!

Reactions: PokerRun388

·
Premium Member
3,313 Posts
Yes. And by yes, I mean no.
And this is how you get charge with sexual assault when someone tells you yes, but they mean no.

·
Premium Member
3,313 Posts
Nice! I didn’t realize you had some miles on her. For some reason I thought she was a garage queen. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I garage queened my 2 LanEvos before and I regret not enjoying them more (16,000 miles on the IX for 4 yrs and 32,000 miles on the X for 6 yrs) .

I daily my RS, well as much as I can dialy it since I am work at home 99% of the time at the moment.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Anybody more then 116k? I’m putting about 2300 miles a month on mine.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I’m now at 62,000 miles on my 2016. Bought new in the beginning of 2017. At least 90% of that is highway miles.
Any issues with the ‘16s? Are they identical to the 2017s? I have my eye on a low mileage ‘16 but wasn’t sure if buying the first year was the way to go?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Any issues with the ‘16s? Are they identical to the 2017s? I have my eye on a low mileage ‘16 but wasn’t sure if buying the first year was the way to go?

They were all made basically at the same time, once the HG recall was done , generally they all have the same basic issues.

Later 17s have the revised front shocks

·
Registered
523 Posts
They were all made basically at the same time, once the HG recall was done , generally they all have the same basic issues.

Later 17s have the revised front shocks

Wait, revised front shocks? That’s important & I didn’t know this.... May I ask how the shocks are different? Would you happen to know what month in ‘17 that started? As far as the build dates on the inside of the doors?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Wait, revised front shocks? That’s important & I didn’t know this.... May I ask how the shocks are different? Would you happen to know what month in ‘17 that started? As far as the build dates on the inside of the doors?

No clue dude. I’ve got a very early 16.

·
Registered
523 Posts
No clue dude. I’ve got a very early 16.

There are some days where I think to myself “The 2018s have none of the issues with the HG’s or shocks, so maybe I should just embrace the Nitrous Blue Quad-Coat or Race Red, buy a final edition call it a day.” Lol

·
Premium Member
3,313 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
I am taking advantage of COVID and keeping my car parked haha.

Reactions: nicklulu

·
Registered
407 Posts

April 2016 build. It’s doing fine. There are some very minor changes between 16 and 17, all been talked about here.

I had the head replaced with the recall in 2018 at 15,000 miles. Not a single issue with that.

There are a couple minor fluid seeps here and there, so slow that I have never seen a drop hit the ground and I’m not concerned.

The hatch release button broke and the rear view camera started doing some funky stuff (I made a thread about it) but other than that it’s been issue free.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Early 2016 modded with all the bolt-ons, plus full suspension mods (coil-overs, sway-bars, camber plates/arms). 15,400 miles with no issues other than HG replacement. Semi garage queen/track queen. Never has seen the road during the winter...as I don't do winter anymore since retiring.

461 - 479 of 479 Posts