Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1321 - 1338 of 1338 Posts

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
@mtb777 sure thing. I believe @its_awd also runs the battleaero wing. He has a black hatch, not sure if it’s a black ST hatch or he did use his RS hatch and just drilled it.

as for performance, I have the AoA set as neutral as I can, and it’s a big improvement over stock. Rear is extremely planted, and you can feel the dampening of your shocks behave differently on the highway. My average fuel economy got worse (10.2L/100kn to 12.0L/100km) so you know it’s doing something.

Not trying to thread-Jack, just going to photo dump as per request.

·
Premium Member
4,804 Posts
@320icar , when will you post your baby using it a hammock?!

Great pics!

At least you know what the wing is for.

Some naive kid will put a big ass wing on their Corolla and think "My S4it will be really fast!"

The drag you crate to have better traction not to make your car fly!

·
Registered
32 Posts
No need to apologize. It’s a cool setup and it’s not a car that some kid hangs a huge wing on to look cool and fast but it’s just an anchor. This provides real world results on a much more capable car. I’m wondering if there’s a noticeable level you can actually feel it working? Say as in slower speed for gymkana versus flat out track days or just street driving? Loss of mileage def proves it’s doing something. Cool you can feel it in your shock loading.
Im almost thinking pick up an ST hatch and have an option for track days. My options would be Homestead, PB (Moroso) or Sebring. I’ve Not tracked mine but I’ve certainly have some sections I’ve driven near limits on the street Pretty often if not daily depending where I was working at.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Whether or not it improves lap times is a moot point, as any “driver mod” and just more seat time would show far more improvement than the wing ever would.

that being said for the street I remove the splitter/wing and WOW there is an immediate difference. Car is “bouncier” on the highway, my fuel economy went back down to ~10.4L/100km. And to maintain a cruise or 120-130kmh I barely have to touch the throttle, versus with the aero I had to significantly keep my foot in it.

^^ actually I’ll datalog the difference of throttle input next time I swap the aero on

1321 - 1338 of 1338 Posts