1 - 20 of 1260 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Is there any pearl in the paint?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I will need to see more pics before I decide whether or not I like it, as this is a color I am considering now that I've seen the blue and am not a fan. If there is no pearl in Frozen White, then I'm down to choosing between black and gray.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I like it, understated but has the details that pop to differentiate itself. I really like the white ST's and especially the MKII RS in white. The only reason I can't justify white is due to the fact that after you spend 3 hours detailing it, the car just doesn't give back to you what you put in, as say black, or blue, or any color with good depth.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Guessing they flew this one in, wonder where its going. Maybe to the next auto show?

Im going to hold off judging it until I see a better shot. Thinking anything strapped to a pallet with a semi open hood isn't going to look very nice. I will say that I dont understand why they went with the lighter color on the standard rims, black or dark gray would be better. Especially on a white car.

Here's some photoshopped pics I found

focus-rs-white.jpg 2016-Ford-Focus-RS-Digital-Colorizer-28-1600x943.jpg 2016-Ford-Focus-RS-Digital-Colorizer-51-1600x1150.jpg 2016-Ford-Focus-RS-Digital-Colorizer-44-1600x976.jpg

·
Registered
23 Posts
Frozen white has been available in Australia since 2010, There is no pearl or metallic fleck. It is a solid colour. We have also got Nitrous Blue on our locally built Falcon. The colour is as being described.
John

·
Registered
141 Posts
Frozen white has been available in Australia since 2010, There is no pearl or metallic fleck. It is a solid colour. We have also got Nitrous Blue on our locally built Falcon. The colour is as being described.
John
I'm glad that the Frozen White does not have pearl or metallic flecks, it will pull off the stormtrooper / panda look with ease. I also associate solid white with performance vehicles...adding that pearl or metallic fleck effect just kind of ruins it.

·
Super Moderator
604 Posts
I kinda like the white. I dunno if I would actually buy white. I am sort of partial to the grey and blue, but there is a lot you could do with that white. It looks sharp.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Frozen White for me!
....unless there's no pearl.

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
Color doesn't look too bad. I don't think I like the black side mirrors though, would prefer body color match...what's up with that? The blue at NY was matched.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Color doesn't look too bad. I don't think I like the black side mirrors though, would prefer body color match...what's up with that? The blue at NY was matched.
Good catch on the mirrors! That does seem odd, although the mirrors on my white '95 SHO were also black when the standard Taurus mirrors were body color. I think they did this to further differentiate the SHO as a performance model. I would be okay with black mirrors on the RS, too; it goes with the theme of the rest of the black accents on the car.

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
Good catch on the mirrors! That does seem odd, although the mirrors on my white '95 SHO were also black when the standard Taurus mirrors were body color. I think they did this to further differentiate the SHO as a performance model. I would be okay with black mirrors on the RS, too; it goes with the theme of the rest of the black accents on the car.
Yeah, I'm sure many will like it...I might too when I see it in person. My bigger concern is would they all be black or only on white? The blue ones we've seen have been matched and the black...well, that's black.

·
Registered
84 Posts
There's no pearl.
Bah...I just went back and re-read that...my bad.
I really wish it had some pearl or something in it, but oh well...

is there pearl in any of the other colors, or are they all monochromatic?

1 - 20 of 1260 Posts