Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1301 - 1320 of 1827 Posts

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
All I know is it was a burn. Been looking for reports if it happened at the track or burnt on the roadside here in NC.
he probably got sick of the thing leaking oil and set it on fire. I've been contemplating the same thing. NO YOU DID NOT READ THAT INSURANCE COMPANY.

·
Super Moderator
16,031 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,031 Posts
UPDATE: demolition derby count is now 258.

Here's the current breakdown:

NB-74 (7 being LEs)
SG-70
SB-56
FW-47, plus 1 REPO
RR-10

Those production numbers continue to drop.

·
Registered
180 Posts
^ Doubtful, IMHO - that car's door VIN label indicates a build/assembly month of May 2017 - the changeover for correct headgaskets (from the factory) during that model year run didn't occur until around the middle of July 2017 IIRC. It's highly unlikely that the car's frame/body sat around waiting 2 months for an engine to be installed, ya know? A picture of the barcode from the engine would reveal more info for sure (or a visual inspection, OASIS/dealer records, of course, etc)...

·
Super Moderator
16,031 Posts
A FW from Flint, MI:

WF0DP3TH0H4118972

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
Another RR coming up soon, saw it on one of the FB groups. Didn't get the chance to screen shot it. Absolutely mangled far worse than the one 2-3 pages back. Guy walked away too.

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
Here it is, I believe he said it was his 2nd RR RS.

Now, I'm pretty sure this is different than the Saskatoon one? But both are MANGLED. I put this one from FB up next to the post here of the other one and I'm pretty sure they're different!

image1.png image2.png image3.png

Again, he posted it on facebook, so he's ok. But WOW. Someone ran a red light and nailed him.

·
Super Moderator
16,031 Posts
That's definitely not the same car from Saskatoon. If this is the 2nd RR that they've had, I wouldn't want their luck or their insurance payments. DAMN!

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
That's definitely not the same car from Saskatoon. If this is the 2nd RR that they've had, I wouldn't want their luck or their insurance payments. DAMN!
Yea, he posted his first one as well. Both weren't "his fault," so that may help depending on where he lives. First accident wasn't nearly as bad though. He said he's done with the RS though, too much bad ju-ju! Not sure if we grabbed the first one on this thread, but here it is. Kind of hard without date, location or vin...

image1.png

Fared quite nicely against the unkillable Taco/Tundra.

And sorry for screen shooting FB...

·
Super Moderator
16,031 Posts
Maybe he should try for a MY18 NB?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
5,622 Posts
Crazy hit....
High speed..

1301 - 1320 of 1827 Posts