Ford Focus RS Forum banner

321 - 340 of 1465 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Do any of you have the contact info for the junkyard, salvage yard or whoever, that actually owns these totaled cars?

There are lots of good parts on them that I’m sure others would want too.

I can never seem to find a junkyard or salvage yard that has anything newer than 2005 on their lot. Nevermind having any RS specific parts.....that’s more rare than hitting the lotto.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Do any of you have the contact info for the junkyard, salvage yard or whoever, that actually owns these totaled cars?

There are lots of good parts on them that I’m sure others would want too.

I can never seem to find a junkyard or salvage yard that has anything newer than 2005 on their lot. Nevermind having any RS specific parts.....that’s more rare than hitting the lotto.
These cars are being sold to individuals so the pictures you see are from an auction (usally iaai.com or copart.com). People bid on the cars and can do what they want with them if they win. Some rebuild them to be road worthy again while others might part them out.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
15,358 Posts
From Atlanta, GA:

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

·
Super Moderator
15,358 Posts
From Walton, KY with 7320 miles:

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

·
Super Moderator
15,358 Posts
From Reno, NV:

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

Just over 11k on the odometer.

WF0DP3TH8G4116966

·
Super Moderator
15,358 Posts
Another one from Detroit, MI:

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

·
Super Moderator
15,358 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,358 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Not the greatest of deals there, IMO. I am guessing at least 6k on repairs and I am probably low on that number too. Headlights and the bumper alone would get you there and then there is all the other damage. You are getting awfully close to the price of a clean used one, and your only prize is rebuilding it with a salvage title.

·
Premium Member
3,273 Posts
Not the greatest of deals there, IMO. I am guessing at least 6k on repairs and I am probably low on that number too. Headlights and the bumper alone would get you there and then there is all the other damage. You are getting awfully close to the price of a clean used one, and your only prize is rebuilding it with a salvage title.
The buy it now price is stupid on that. Roof, A pillar, and I think C pillar damage. Plus the door, and missing parts. Most I'd offer is about $5k (if it was manufactured after July 6th of 2017 I would go as high as $6.5k for it), and I would not fix it, just part it out. Storage prep most of it and put it under the stairs in my garage and the parts I don't want spares of sell.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Oh yea, you could buy a clean used 2017 for $30-35k. You never know how bad the damage really is. take my old Crosstrek. Doesn't look that bad, but $17k in repairs. Suspension damage. Rear ended by a presumably drunk driver in a 350Z. About 90 minutes after the Broncos won the superbowl in 2016? It happened in Denver. He rear ended me, then backed up, then fled the scene mashing the drivers' side. Cross trek could not be moved and I have no idea how he limped that 350Z across Denver with all the police that were out. Called it in with full plates and vehicle description. Had a witness who also got the plates. Insurance tracked him down and apparently collected every dollar.

Sad nonetheless. Insurance totals that RS, but Geico didn't total the Crosstrek. That thing NEVER drove the same. Good thing it was a lease, then I traded it in early and somehow only had a spread of $500 on what was owed on the car and what it was worth.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,358 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,358 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,358 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,358 Posts
From Hartford, CT:

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

321 - 340 of 1465 Posts
About this Discussion
1.5K Replies
211 Participants
NISMO_IX
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing