Ford Focus RS Forum banner

The Official Absolute/Shadow Black Thread

317K views 583 replies 181 participants last post by  Big Blue 
#1 ·
Ready for the debut in Netherlands so expect more images over the coming days

Attachments

See less See more
#538 ·
Thats a good looking black, there is no way on Earth I could keep that clean. Tuxedo Black is bad enough.

At least with tuxedo black it gives you a little room for error. Shadow black? Not so much... as much as I love a black RS, I’d be miserable trying to keep it clean. I haven’t owned a black car in decades, so IDK which detail products (if any) currently can be used w/o leaving streaks & swirl marks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Nice! This is now my new favorite color. I'm guessing by the name alone, Absolute Black doesn't have any pearl or flake? I still want to see some more pics of the gray before I commit...

Reactions: DARTH55
#10 ·
I too would like to know if it has any pearl in it like the "Tuxedo Black" color does?

Reactions: DARTH55
#22 ·
Not a fan of black on cars shaped like the focus, it hides all the body lines. Black looks best on cars with more slopes or curves like the Mustang. Cars with more pronounced body lines.

If this black has flake in it, I find it weird that absolute black is not absolutely black.

#23 · (Edited)
I love my Tangerine ST color and the black details on the exterior stand out. Never did like Tuxedo black. I agree. This has to be a mistake. Surely they were supposed to shoot it in ABSOLUTE BLACK!

And I'm afraid the Nitrous Blue is a little too light and kinda like the current Mustang color (whatever they call it) Grabber Blue from the '70's.

I really really really want Liquid Blue!!

#24 ·
I've had a couple black cars, one was anti-radar black (aircraft paint) on an old Lincoln, and the other a Honda with the Nighthawk Black. I really liked that Honda. If it was not an auto trans I would still have it. Always cleaning.

#25 ·
Absolute Black color

We are getting closer! Here with in the next week or so we will be able to put an order in for this car. Maybe I am getting to excited, who knows. However I have been thinking about this car way to much. My biggest question I have to ask myself is what color. I have been doing research into the 4 available colors. However I can not find very many, "and not a good one at that" of the black. Has anyone seen or have a picture of the black? That is not a render or a photoshop design. I have seen the white and the blue and the grey, which in my mind the grey looks the best so far. I would really like to see the black though, Black always looks good on cars. So let me know if you have a link or a picture of it. Don't be duped though there is so many photoshops out there that it isn't even funny.

#26 ·
Shadow/Absolute Black References

Here are some RS "Shadow Black" references; originally called "Absolute Black"

Belgium pictures ( good of all colors) from Focus ST forum: Pictures of the new RS in Belgium

Previous Absolute Black Thread on this forum: http://www.focusrs.org/forum/9-focus-rs-discussions/241-focus-rs-absolute-black.html

video of black on the road : http://www.focusrs.org/forum/9-focus-rs-discussions/251-black-beauty-road.html

recent thread about black being too shiney: start at post #119 http://www.focusrs.org/forum/9-focus-rs-discussions/417-rs-videos-pics-13.html

Hope this helps!

MidCow3

P.S. - I don't like any RS colors, but I dislike black the least ... so I guess it is black ..dust and all :)

This post has been deleted
#28 ·
I agree on the grey. The first shots of grey looked like primer with wax. The last shots look different and maybe a little better
..but that grey would never do for me! If you are interested in grey there have been several threads on it. Go back to "forum" at top and go through thread topics.