Ford Focus RS Forum banner

Will you be attending this years TOTD Run?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 238 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured I'd start a new thread on this event since there's been a change in the event dates. That's right you read that right, the event will be held one week earlier. The new event is scheduled for 14-16 September 2018 and will allow attendees the opportunity to book lodging at the Fontana Village Resort. I was able to speak with Marie at length about blocking out Cabins and Rooms at the Fontana Village Lodge. The original 21-23 September 2018 dates have been fully booked by the Clogging Jamboree. The Cloggers have signed a 4year agreement with Fontana Resort so we'll always run into this problem since the Cloggers have 1st dibs on reservations during the 21-23 September time period. Simple solution, move the event to the week before and this will allow most attendees to stay in the same general area. Still plenty of time to plan so if you're thinking of attending the event it'll be a great time to go out and meet other EB owners. There will be more to follow since I'm waiting for the contract info to be sent to block out accommodations. Stay tuned. (Sorry, bad pun)

·
Super Moderator
15,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK everyone, I have the following accommodations blocked for those interested.

2- Lodge Rooms with two Queen Beds

3- 1 Bedroom Willow Cabins

2- 2 Bedroom/2 Bath Azalea Cabins

1- 2 Bedroom/1 Bath Hemlock Cabin

In order to lock down your reservation, call: 1-800-849-2258 and mention: The EB Take Over the Dragon 2018

Cutoff date for reservations: 14 July 2018

First Night Due: Upon making reservations.

Here's the info link on Cabins: Fontana Lake & Smoky Mountain Cabin Rentals

·
Premium Member
1,666 Posts
I booked one of the Willow cabins. I'm trying to convince some Florida members to come up with me, so I may later change to a bigger cabin based on availability.

Thanks for putting this together! If you're reading this and there is even a remote chance of going, i say do it! You won't be disappointed.

To note for anyone calling to make a reservation: sometimes the main front desk can be a pain to deal with, if there is any hassle on pricing (the Willows are $129/night, one of the 2 bedroom styles are $219 a night), ask to talk to Marie in Group Sales, she's awesome to deal with.

RideMePoster_2015.jpg

·
Super Moderator
15,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The more the merrier, as stated above if you're thinking of going it's best to book now and not wait until the 14 July 2018 deadline. Always a great time. Haven't put together the itinerary yet but there will be offers to go on different runs in the area, a chance for dine outs, a fire pit social with adult beverages, photo ops on the different runs, gifts to be given out for various awards, and best of all getting to meet other members from the forum.

More info pulled from reservation:

Guest Amenities:

Guest amenities that are included with each reservation are coffee in the Lodge lobby at check-in, mini golf, disc golf, inclusion in resort activities, hiking, s'mores kits, as well as free Wi-Fi and lake access. Exclusions include but are not limited to: Equipment Rentals, Marina Rentals, and course supplies.

Cancellation Policy:

Reservations cancelled within ninety days of arrival and up to thirty days prior to arrival date will be charged a $50.00 cancellation fee. Reservations cancelled within thirty days of arrival will result in a forfeiture of your deposit.

Payment Methods:

You will be asked at check-in to provide a credit card to be authorized for your stay. This is to cover your room as well as things like phone calls, damage deposit, and to allow you charging privileges at the various outlets at the resort. At check out you may settle your account via Visa, Master Card, Discover, American Express, Cash or Travelers Checks. Fontana does not accept personal checks.

Pets:

We do allow pets in select cabins for a $25 per pet per night up to $150 non-refundable fee. Please notify your reservation agent if you plan to bring a pet. A pet that is brought into the resort without first notifying the Front Desk will be subject to an additional $100 non-compliance fee.

Swimming at the campground:

Swimming is prohibited by the TVA on the Little Tennessee River next to the campground at all times. The under current created by the Dam and the water temperatures make the river by the campground extremely dangerous.

Smoking:

Fontana Village Resort is a smoke free facility.

The Lodge Room Cooking Policy:

We do not allow cooking, grilling, or cooking appliances to be used in the lodge rooms. This include crock pots, camp cookware, griddles, or any other cooking devices in the lodge room or on the outside patios of the lodge. (The cabins have kitchens)

Allergies and Special Needs and Requests

Please inform the resort, prior to arrival, if you have any feather allergies or other aversions to food or beverages. We will be happy to remove the allergens from your room, and/or alert our Culinary Team of any dietary needs or restrictions.

We want your stay at Fontana Village Resort to be as pleasant as possible.

Please also understand that while we will do everything in our power to honor your request, due to a variety of reasons requests simply cannot be guaranteed. This includes requests for specific room or cabin numbers, early check-ins, late check-outs, etc. Please remember to bring your AAA/AARP cards and present them at check in to receive the discounted rate.

Again, thank you for choosing Fontana Village Resort.

Address for navigation: Fontana Village Resort, 300 Woods Rd, Fontana Dam, NC 28733

Phone: 800-849-2258 or 828-498-2211

Email: [email protected]

·
Super Moderator
15,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On another note, once we get closer to the event I would advise those planning on attending to PM each other so point of contact numbers can be exchanged. Once in the area around the Dragon phone coverage will drop off for most cell phone providers. It would be advisable to bring a couple of hand held programmable Motorola style 2 way radios with backup batteries. This will allow most to talk line of sight to each other. Frequencies to monitor will be determined later. @dkirby are you bringing firewood again for the fire pit social? Others are invited to bring a bit of firewood for the social with adult beverages and smores.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
If someoNE is looking for more favorable booking/cancellation terms or alternative arrangements, Tapico Lodge has both rooms and cabins....look up online. Located about 5 miles from Fontana Dam.

·
Premium Member
3,345 Posts
This weekend makes me less likely to attend due to Grand-baby due date. But, if I can I would still be interested in a bed, couch or floor of someone in a cabin if I can go. I prefer at Fontana Dam Resort. I will know more closer to the event/due date, but could be changes right up to me leaving, or worse while there. I really want to go if family obligations allow. But those obligations do prevent me from justifying booking a cabin myself as chance of not going is too high.

·
Registered
864 Posts
dkirby are you bringing firewood again for the fire pit social? Others are invited to bring a bit of firewood for the social with adult beverages and smores.
I'll bring firewood again for the Saturday night social, but I encourage others to bring what they can as well. We ran out of wood last year and let's just say some things got burned that probably shouldn't have. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,666 Posts
I'll bring firewood again for the Saturday night social, but I encourage others to bring what they can as well. We ran out of wood last year and let's just say some things got burned that probably shouldn't have. :rolleyes:
They sell a 1/2 truckload of firewood for $35. You just need to talk to Tabitha Henry there at Fontana (or Marie Rodgers if Tabitha isn't available). I'd pitch in on that.

I don't see many RS's being able to load up a chunk of firewood in their cars lol

·
Registered
864 Posts
They sell a 1/2 truckload of firewood for $35. You just need to talk to Tabitha Henry there at Fontana (or Marie Rodgers if Tabitha isn't available). I'd pitch in on that.

I don't see many RS's being able to load up a chunk of firewood in their cars lol
Wow, I'll look into that. Hauling firewood in the back of the RS is not my favorite activity.

·
Super Moderator
15,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow, I'll look into that. Hauling firewood in the back of the RS is not my favorite activity.
@dkirby

Damn, I had a large generator cardboard box I've been eyeing for the trip.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Well don't let me stop you...

·
Super Moderator
15,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Can we get a feeler roll call of those that plan on attending the TOTD event?

Of course, I’ll be there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
864 Posts
I'm bringing bourbon and any roadkill I can scrape up for the fire pit. Pun intended.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I’m out this year. I’ll be there with bells on in ‘19.

·
Super Moderator
15,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 20 of 238 Posts