Discussion Starter #466

·
Super Moderator
15,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #467

·
Registered
194 Posts
New Top Gear: the show is mostly about the cars. That's the problem. Car shows are inherently boring. The Clarkson, May, and Hammond Top Gear was a show that contained cars, but it was more relatable to non-car people. As Hammond once stated:

"You don't have to be (a car geek) to watch the show because the show focuses on where cars and people come together," (Cars are) tremendously revealing about us… Even if you don't like cars, people will signal that with a car. They'll drive a Prius and just say, 'I hate them.'"

The new show is too much about the cars, how cool they are, and stuff like that. It's boring and not relatable to those that drive a Prius. Besides, May, Clarkson, and Hammond are also journalists: they know how to write in a comedic way that is interesting. The new show is missing all of that. It's much the same reason why I just couldn't get into the US Top Gear stuff. You need to be able to laugh at the buffoonery of the hosts. Leblanc had decent delivery, but he obviously feels that he is too cool and can't make fun of himself.

·
Super Moderator
15,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #470

·
Super Moderator
15,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #471

·
Super Moderator
15,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #472