Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Everyone,
If I have not had the pleasure of chatting with you on the various forums for the RS, I'm GreatWhiteBuffalo, your friendly honest Ford dealer, fellow RS owner, and performance car enthusiast. I'm getting a late start to the build thread but I will catch you up quick! I took delivery of car on June 9th 2016 and that is when the fun began!
20160609_130127.jpg
After taking delivery of the car it didn't take long to get the mod bug going. I came from a fully bolted and tuned ST so I am no stranger to the ecoboost platform.
I started the journey by securing a sponsorship with Stratified Automotive Controls to do my custom tuning on the car. I ordered the Cobb AP the day it was available and began doing back to back to back to back data logs refining the tune with Alex in the stock configuration.
I added small mods such as a drop in filter, Mountune Short Shifter, SCC, & BPV.
14438822_1116701278417190_1209146027_o.jpg
After doing those small mods I added a few visual aesthetics to the car; inlays, and my custom carbon fiber steering wheel from SS Tuning.
20160927_122323.jpg
Throughout this time I had been chatting back and forth with the awesome people at Custom Performance Engineering (cp-e) to secure a sponsorship/development opportunity with them. I went up toured the facilities and showed the guys my car at the first visit. After some back and forth discussions they agreed to sponsor my car and use it for a development car while their shop car is being used to develop carbon fiber parts at Anderson Composites.
First Baseline Dyno:
Untitled.png
During the first two week stay at cp-e they used my car to test fitment and sound of their RS catback system (prototype pictured below) and threw her on the "Heart Breaker" Mustang Dyno making 309HP/371LB-FT TQ
FordFocusRS-Austenite-02.jpg FordFocusRS-Austenite-04.jpg
At this time they also installed their qkspl catless downpipe as well but no significant power gains were to be had here just audible goodness :)
Capture.JPG
Also installed in this time period were the full suite of cp-e motor mounts, stage 2 RMM, PSMM, & TSMM, increasing rigidity in and lessening motor movement, it could just be me but I think these made the car handle EVEN BETTER!
Capture2.JPG Capture3.JPG Capture4.JPG
V-dyno from stratified from multiple dyno runs (closer to street horsepower but may not be exact)
Focus-RS-Turboback-Dyno.png
My car is currently in Maryland at cp-e finishing up fitment of their FMIC, and charge pipes as well as the addition of their intake. Pic of FMIC below (it's freaking massive)
Capture5.JPG
The car went on the dyno today and went through multiple runs with custom remote tuning by Alex at Stratified and here are the results-
16443381_591477751046862_386419992_n.png
330WHP/390LB-FT WTQ on 93 Pump Gas on the Mustang Dyno.
Video of the run:

That's it for now guys, you are up to date on the Great White Buffalo :)

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Looks good. I currently uses cp-e RMM and would like to stick with them for other parts. What power mods do you have besides the tune to achieve those numbers? You mentioned the downpipe didn't increase power but did the exhaust?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks good. I currently uses cp-e RMM and would like to stick with them for other parts. What power mods do you have besides the tune to achieve those numbers? You mentioned the downpipe didn't increase power but did the exhaust?
I listed every power mod for you lol, but yes 21hp/18tq with exhaust, 10hp/20tq with intake, fmic 20hp/10tq

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That exhaust looks and sounds great!
Thank you! If only everyone could hear it in car at WOT, it is absolutely insane! (in a good way)

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do they not sell that exhaust yet? Can't find it on their site...
Not yet, mine was the first finished prototype, going up online very soon.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Still waiting for release, last time I heard they were waiting on the supplier of the OEM exhaust valves to implement into the kits. These guys make sure when the product is released it is 100%, no cutting corners. 3" Mandrel bent 304
This is the only video they took of stock downpipe, [video]https://www.instagram.com/p/BNhoK59j-2p/?taken-by=gocpe&hl=en[/video]

-GWB

Any update on the exhaust? Could you note what type of metal, 304?

Also, any video with the stock downpipe?

·
Registered
1,683 Posts

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
cool vid, they discussed power difference between ST and RS. well I saw 4 ST's run basically stock on this same dyno and I remember the lowest was 212whp and that the other 3 were 225whp or less, so this RS with a baseline of 279 is 54whp more than the most stock st's. hopefully you get to be the first guy with the atmosphere turbo kit for the RS

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cool vid, they discussed power difference between ST and RS. well I saw 4 ST's run basically stock on this same dyno and I remember the lowest was 212whp and that the other 3 were 225whp or less, so this RS with a baseline of 279 is 54whp more than the most stock st's. hopefully you get to be the first guy with the atmosphere turbo kit for the RS
That is actually me in the video driving lol, yeah that's why I said at the crank before drivetrain loss. I hope to be, but we need to build the motor first.

·
Registered
976 Posts
cpeFocusRSdynonumbers.jpg

I'm liking those numbers. Maybe a little inflated because of the heartbreaker dyno conversions, but a few 1/4 mile passes would be the judge. Taking her down the track anytime soon?

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Great stuff!! Exhaust sounds and looks fantastic.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
View attachment 138497

I'm liking those numbers. Maybe a little inflated because of the heartbreaker dyno conversions, but a few 1/4 mile passes would be the judge. Taking her down the track anytime soon?
Yeah I didn't actually make the video so I didn't have a say in all that lol. I always say what it made on the Mustang Dyno. Yes next sunday, open test and tune at MD International Raceway, should be meeting a few other RS. Not very experienced at the strip but we've got all day as long as nothing breaks lol.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nice video. Did you have the fake engine sound module unplugged for that video?
No I didn't I had it in just in case it helped to keep cabin sound low for the video audio

1 - 20 of 43 Posts