Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this should go here or in the Maintenance forum... Mods, feel free to relocate if needed.

I wanted to make a thread where anyone could post up a favorite Ford Tech, and where they work. I've had A LOT of cars, but I'm new to Ford. I know on most of the cars I've owned in the past, there was always "A guy" (Or gal to be fair) that was the guru on that specific car, in his area. With some, it's meant traveling out of state. I know guys that ship their cars half way across the US for some work.

Anyhow, on to the task at hand. This applies to all you Ford guys out there, and I suppose especially to those who own Focus ST's. Not that the RS is going to be the same, because there will be a lot of new tech on this car. BUT, I'm guessing that any tech who's really into the ST is gonna hit the books on the RS and want to be "The Guy" on this car!

I think threads like these are great with format. If anyone has ideas for subject items, offer them up. I'd suggest>>>

- City, State.
- Technician name.
- Dealership or Shop name.
- Specialties if any.
- Qualifications if they're worth noting. "Ford ASE Master Tech" etc.
- Story of anything above and beyond the tech has ever done for you. Ie., a great troubleshooting issue, etc.

Special bonus points to anyone who knows a C.E.T. in the Pacific Northwest, preferably in the Greater Portland area. :cool:

·
Super Moderator
15,440 Posts
I pushed it over to the Maintenance area and made it a sticky.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Does anyone know if there will be RS certified techs? Or do they all just look at a service manual for each specific model? I'm not sure how Ford handles it's techs. It would be nice to take the RS to a dealership that has a tech with RS training for service.

·
Premium Member
3,291 Posts
Does anyone know if there will be RS certified techs? Or do they all just look at a service manual for each specific model? I'm not sure how Ford handles it's techs. It would be nice to take the RS to a dealership that has a tech with RS training for service.
Not sure the RS is over all unique enough for a fully separate cert. No need for a new cert to drain/fill the RDU. Engine design is likely close enough to ST/EB Mustang. Body and electronics already exist in most other Foci.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well I guess ill put myself up. Just picked up my own RS so ill be getting familiar with it as I work on it myself. Been working for Ford for 6 years. Havent seen any specific training courses on the RS yet.

Tilton, NH
Dan Steadman
AutoServ Tilton - AKA Tilton Ford
No specialties- do everything bumper to bumper
Fully certified Senior Master Technician

·
Registered
34 Posts
Albuquerque NM
Miguel
Rich Ford
Certified tech at large dealership. He ownes an RS...has replaced entire motor in his and replaced my cyl head

1 - 9 of 9 Posts