Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering the M235i starts at $44k, this is not really going to anywhere near the price of an RS, but the power figures are remarkably close; 365 BHP and 343 LB-FT. A sexy little car indeed.

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
Considering the M235i starts at $44k, this is not really going to anywhere near the price of an RS, but the power figures are remarkably close; 365 BHP and 343 LB-FT. A sexy little car indeed.
This is surely going to be a great car BUT...it's probably going to be the price of last gen M3. 0-60 seems very comparable to the RS at 4.5 with a manual and 4.3 with pdk.

I love turbos and all but I would REALLY be drooling if they put a new high revving NA engine in this thing with 350hp and kept it very close to 3000lbs. I would be considering paying $20k more than the RS if that was the case.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree. I think they saw the reception that the last generation 1M and attempted to recreate that, but a true successor to the e46 M3 would be epic!

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
And the configurator really forces you to accept some combinations that THEY choose, not you, like color plus 18" wheels and summer tires - makes you choose blue. Can't have grey. Stuff like that is even worse than Ford's packages.

Nice car, but it also gets very pricey very quickly - $3,240 for a LSD when they are building it??? Come on, guys. I could see $1400 maybe. $hit is made of gold.

Jim

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
Yep...also funny that it has a "burn out" mode. Manufacturers are getting pretty creative with these "modes". What ever happened to just burning out by slamming the gas and dumping the clutch?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep...also funny that it has a "burn out" mode. Manufacturers are getting pretty creative with these "modes". What ever happened to just burning out by slamming the gas and dumping the clutch?
I know I'm biased, but when I heard that, I could not help but feel like that was something that they decided to do last minute in the design phase, especially since something, potentially $20k less, already has it. I really can't wait to see how the RS stacks up against rivals like the M2, RS3, and the AMG A45. Come on Ford!!!

·
Registered
317 Posts
And it only comes in 4 colors, Blue, Black, White and you guessed it Grey...lol RS wannabe. I like the RS exhaust sound better anyways...

·
Registered
114 Posts
Agreed. On my radar too, but no wagon for the US market. Similar to Audi the Germans seem to think that we don't want wagons and, Audi anyways, seems to think we don't want to row our own gears anymore.

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
And it only comes in 4 colors, Blue, Black, White and you guessed it Grey...lol RS wannabe. I like the RS exhaust sound better anyways...
Better blue though; more like Liquid Blue

YMMV,

MidCow3

P.S. - Everyone need to own at least one BMW in their lifetime to understand how much care the ultimate driving machine requires to keep it in ultimate condition :D

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
451 Posts

YMMV,

MidCow3

P.S. - Everyone need to own at least one BMW in their lifetime to understand how much care the ultimate driving machine requires to keep it in ultimate condition :D

Been there, had a 2006 550i. You MUST have a warranty owning one of these. Replaced; Transmission, Valve seals, active sway bars and numerous sensors that weren't covered.
Great car but way more trouble then its worth. My mileage did vary too, really thirsty V8 :)

·
Registered
558 Posts
Love the car, terrified of the costs after the 4 year maintenance-for-free warranty is over.... likely lower lifetime costs for a modestly optioned Cayman.

·
Registered
130 Posts
So much promise there with the M2. And yet I just know that what BMW has become, that they will fall short of what it could have been. Going on twenty years now since they have built a car that I'd consider a true driver's car. Redefines the term "resting on your laurels". Meanwhile the RS is going to come up and eat BMW's lunch and steal their girlfriend. Burn out mode, my ass (over $60K optioned as any of us would configure the M2; it's ridiculous). The M2 will be a decent, if not very expensive, high maintenance let down.

·
Registered
575 Posts
If I had the 'Coin' I wouldn't look at an RS over an M2. I don't. The RS looks like a game changer for the hot hatch, money is an object, class.

My mechanic & lifelong friend (runs workshop Neal Bates' - AKA Aust rally driving noble) warned me off an M135i, so did another lifer who shops in the Porsche, BMW price range based on personal grief with BMW. Turbos, transmissions, suspension, electronic gizmos go kaput...insert credit card into slot. Factory service speciality is to insist on non-essential repairs on big ticket items - Sir Your transmission has a damp patch ka-ching.

·
Registered
15 Posts
So much promise there with the M2. And yet I just know that what BMW has become, that they will fall short of what it could have been. Going on twenty years now since they have built a car that I'd consider a true driver's car. Redefines the term "resting on your laurels". Meanwhile the RS is going to come up and eat BMW's lunch and steal their girlfriend. Burn out mode, my ass (over $60K optioned as any of us would configure the M2; it's ridiculous). The M2 will be a decent, if not very expensive, high maintenance let down.
This!

·
Registered
460 Posts
I was kinda eyeing it. even went so far as to put together one at the dealer, but didnt go with it. Costs too much for what it is, and at the price I'd get with the Stuff I'd want, I'd rather save up a bit more and get a fully fitted CLA45 AMG.

·
Banned
1,389 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
BMW has lost its way and it is more evident than ever in their F series generation cars. They're more techy and less engaging and fun to drive than ever before, the steering is entirely shot now that it is electrified, and BMW has somehow managed to make their models look more bloated while shedding weight which I don't understand. Their styling has taken a hit from the bloatedness too!

No thanks.....FoRS all the way.

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts

YMMV,

MidCow3

lol, main reason I haven't owned one yet is because I'm one of those people that would rather not find out.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Yes, I love the manual shift, the usable rear seat room and the hatchback, on the CLA45 AMG!

YMMV,

MidCow3
The rear seats are quite usable, I dont know where youre coming from.
And yes, no manual shift and no hatchback...but I think the car makes up for it in many other ways.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts