Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up everyone? Anyone sipping on anything tonight? I closed a contract I've been working on forever so I'm celebrating drooling over pics of the RS. What's everyone up to?

Currently enjoying a glass of this:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I know all the east coasters are probably sleeping but where are all the SoCal people at??

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
damn scotch? could have more of a discussion if you kept to bourbon. that scotchy scotch stuff is not meant for human consumption.

at any rate, congrats on the closing. I closed on something last friday and I am still celebrating. :cool:

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have never had anCnoc but it sounds interesting! I am a huge Scotch fan but I prefer the peaty stuff. Lagavulin, Laphroaig, Ardveg etc. Talisker and Dalwinnie are also great. But either way man I do the same thing. I get a good drink and I read the boards, troll for news on the RS, or watch what little videos are out.

The wait is insufferable.

Did the closing of your big account have any impact on your RS? Maybe more mods and or you just got an allocation?

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
damn scotch? could have more of a discussion if you kept to bourbon. that scotchy scotch stuff is not meant for human consumption.

at any rate, congrats on the closing. I closed on something last friday and I am still celebrating. :cool:
Recommend some good bourbon, I'm not too familiar. I love all whiskey though but I mostly drink scotch. My regular go-tos are Glenlivet and Macalan. Recently I tried Whistle Pig rye...that was some tasty stuff, I really savored that bottle.

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have never had anCnoc but it sounds interesting! I am a huge Scotch fan but I prefer the peaty stuff. Lagavulin, Laphroaig, Ardveg etc. Talisker and Dalwinnie are also great. But either way man I do the same thing. I get a good drink and I read the boards, troll for news on the RS, or watch what little videos are out.

The wait is insufferable.

Did the closing of your big account have any impact on your RS? Maybe more mods and or you just got an allocation?
Those are some good whiskeys. I had ordered the RS before the closing and this was a customer of ours already but they're entering rapid expansion and I just secured them for another two years so it gives me more confidence for my business. Also makes me think I can probably actually afford a house in a decent neighborhood in SoCal soon. Freekin' ridiculous real-estate market here.

·
Banned
1,389 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Those are some good whiskeys. I had ordered the RS before the closing and this was a customer of ours already but they're entering rapid expansion and I just secured them for another two years so it gives me more confidence for my business. Also makes me think I can probably actually afford a house in a decent neighborhood in SoCal soon. Freekin' ridiculous real-estate market here.
I wonder how bad it is when compared to NJ. You can rent an apartment for 1400/mo and it's mediocre at best.

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wonder how bad it is when compared to NJ. You can rent an apartment for 1400/mo and it's mediocre at best.
Rent is OK still. Decent parts of town you're still looking at $2k+ for a one-two bed though. House prices are just nuts however. I'm looking in Glendale/Burbank, CA and nothing worth looking at under $750k

·
Super Moderator
15,484 Posts
Took this photo today as I picked up my Guinness, Jack Daniels Whiskey, and some Taylor Port:

·
Super Moderator
15,484 Posts
The Knob Creek is no slouch either!

·
Super Moderator
15,484 Posts
Another item that I'm on the look out for is Kelpie Ale.

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
looks damn good. would make for a good whiskey chaser. (I swear I'm not an alcoholic)

·
Super Moderator
15,484 Posts
I tend to stay away from rye but what I've tried lately has treated me well so I'll try Knob Creek based on your rec :)
Go with the single barrel Knob Creek.

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I had this recently on a business trip in San Fran., It was very, very good. 9.4% ABV!

casey_jones.jpg

·
Super Moderator
15,484 Posts
The BAR

Another idea: A dram from a large crystal decanter filled with rare Macallan "M" whisky that sold for $628,205 at a Sotheby's auction in Hong Kong.

http://cnnmon.ie/1eoOrJs

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Recommend some good bourbon, I'm not too familiar. I love all whiskey though but I mostly drink scotch. My regular go-tos are Glenlivet and Macalan. Recently I tried Whistle Pig rye...that was some tasty stuff, I really savored that bottle.
there are many good bourbons, but the stuff that will roll off your tongue or sound familiar are not what you want to target.
out of the "common, most bars will have it" makers mark or Knob creek are go to's

if you are in a liquor store that carries decent stuff, my favorite bourbon currently is Jefferson's and more specifically the "Ocean Aged At Sea" variety if you ever are lucky enough to see it. it isnt cheap, so if you are saving for a house in So Cal, dont buy it with a significant other around unless she likes bourbon too.

For a more realistic purchase, look for Booker's. It was the first bourbon to be bottled straight from the barrel and its not cut or filtered. Its full cask strength and its delicious, complex and has a slight coffee note. good stuff to keep in the cabinet.

One more solid choice that you should keep an eye out for is Blanton's. Not sure if you watched House of Cards on Netflix, but it is the bourbon that Frank Underwood drank. It is a single bourbon and it varies from batch to batch, it has a slight vanilla and caramel smell and finishes smooth. I prefer the original to the straight kentucky variety.

Jim Beam black is outstanding as well.

so many good drinks, so little time

1 - 20 of 65 Posts