Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1961 - 1980 of 2706 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
I am. It’s pretty awesome. Kinda easy button for this type of event. Just wish Ford made it easier to get to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So far so good. Rain hit hard and washed out afternoon heats. (Had fastest rain runs / just for fun )

·
Registered
159 Posts
I also only did 4 runs while everyone else got 8. Completely triggered him. I feel like he's just trying to push me out. I think at this point I'm going to get Pilot Sport 4S tires and run in this crazy "CR" class that he created because I just want to keep beating him. Hopefully they do ok.
That's exactly what you do, you take the race to his whiny ass and race him on his terms. He either accepts that his driver/equipment combo cant get the job done and owns it like a man or you push him out. Either way, his options for not respecting you are withering.

All these people saying they are glad they aren't in your region lol. Tiny regions are the best!!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
It's not about the size of the region. It's about the cry babies making garbage rules. Life is too short to deal with that kind of idiocy when it's suppose to be fun.

I also only did 4 runs while everyone else got 8. Completely triggered him. I feel like he's just trying to push me out. I think at this point I'm going to get Pilot Sport 4S tires and run in this crazy "CR" class that he created because I just want to keep beating him. Hopefully they do ok.
That's exactly what you do, you take the race to his whiny ass and race him on his terms. He either accepts that his driver/equipment combo cant get the job done and owns it like a man or you push him out. Either way, his options for not respecting you are withering.

All these people saying they are glad they aren't in your region lol. Tiny regions are the best!!!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Just got back from the MSCC event in Tavares. The RS did quite well. I got top PAX and top Street. I think I was 4th in raw time too. I just love this car.

View attachment 275665
Dude. Awesome job!! What a great day for autoX in Florida.

I ended up 3rd overall in the super challenge at prosolo.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Dude. Awesome job!! What a great day for autoX in Florida.

I ended up 3rd overall in the super challenge at prosolo.

Congrats to you too my friend. Prosolo sounds like fun, maybe I will try one sometime. I'm still getting used to this AWD car and feeling out the limits of the RE71's. But, I guess driving fast is sort of like riding a bicycle, you just don't forget how to do it. Heck, I am driving this RS better than my Mustang or the Miata.

·
Premium Member
3,264 Posts
I'm hoping to get my car back in time for the NCR vs. SCR race at Freestyle Park in Myrtle Beach in April. Will be the first test with some exhaust updates that I've been putting off. Hope not too loud, never been with that club and not sure if they are picky about such things. No other changes besides the DS that I will not have plugged in anyway.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I'm hoping to get my car back in time for the NCR vs. SCR race at Freestyle Park in Myrtle Beach in April. Will be the first test with some exhaust updates that I've been putting off. Hope not too loud, never been with that club and not sure if they are picky about such things. No other changes besides the DS that I will not have plugged in anyway.
What exhaust updates?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
That reminds me, I found a box of silencers & a mechanical valve simulator in my garage in a box inside a stack of tires.... You shouldn't have any trouble passing sound anywhere but Devens, but if you do, let me know and I'll ship them on my dime. Sorry, I totally forgot about them!

I was tested at ~90 dBA everywhere. With silencers I was 85 dBA at Devens. When I spun out, my tires were louder at 88 dBA :p

·
Premium Member
3,264 Posts
That reminds me, I found a box of silencers & a mechanical valve simulator in my garage in a box inside a stack of tires.... You shouldn't have any trouble passing sound anywhere but Devens, but if you do, let me know and I'll ship them on my dime. Sorry, I totally forgot about them!

I was tested at ~90 dBA everywhere. With silencers I was 85 dBA at Devens. When I spun out, my tires were louder at 88 dBA :p
I just read back and noticed the mention of the silencers and was thinking, I hope I don't need those.

I wanted to confirm they were ETS like I was thinking before naming them, but my memory is bad.

1961 - 1980 of 2706 Posts
About this Discussion
2.7K Replies
189 Participants
DocWalt
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing