Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1481 - 1500 of 2706 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
This may be totally accurate since we have 2 cars in str but both are decent drivers. However they are miatas and not s2000s. And one of our absolute best drivers is an sts miata and I need a power course to have a chance to keep with him. Small clubs probably don't provide the best feedback.

I still don't think 3 seconds back is is close enough. Of course there are too many variables to figure it out without being there.
What do you run typically for times on your course
How far behind FTD are you, RAW times
What kind of car is FTD and driver

·
Registered
162 Posts
3 seconds back depending on course length and varying degrees of car prep may be appropriate
Generally what i roughly target off the top of str is 3 ish seconds. Around 1.4 of that gets eaten by pax, the remaining time im ok with on a car with very light prep and a loose nut behind the wheel.

·
Registered
162 Posts
This may be totally accurate since we have 2 cars in str but both are decent drivers. However they are miatas and not s2000s. And one of our absolute best drivers is an sts miata and I need a power course to have a chance to keep with him. Small clubs probably don't provide the best feedback.

I still don't think 3 seconds back is is close enough. Of course there are too many variables to figure it out without being there.
The results of the toledo champ tour really demonstrate the rs in a nutshell.

Rs Vs str: 4 local friends made the trip in str they came in 1,2,5,7. The friend in 7th driving an unfamilar car had over 3 seconds on the top bs rs at the event, who had only recently bought the car but can be safely assumed that he wasn't holding the car back. My typical barometer of how much i suck locally is the 1-2 spot str finishers.

Rs vs bs: Behind 2 c5 and a solstice. Average of about a second a day from first.

Bs vs cs: top cs drover raw rimed all of bs cs has a softer pax to boot.

Rs vs pax: rip

Factors: concrete, dry

The rs is hillariously fun, but in general it seems if someone goes out and dominates with it at a local its more of a statement on the local environment than the car itself.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Quick question
Is it scca legal to remove the sub,foam, compressor,fix a flat ect from the rear of the car

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
448 Posts
I was the slowest of the three FoRS at Toledo this past weekend. Great to meet other owners.

I definitely come close to enjoying the car on wide open courses like Toledo. Not so true for pinched to hell local ones...

·
Registered
722 Posts
As it is not physically tied down or secured, I would think removal is encouraged for all but the foam. Less confident about the foam.
I'm not sure but isn't the sub and the amp or whatever the fake noise is plugged into bolted down?
I just don't want to pull it and have it called illegal weight reduction like a lightweight battery is in bstreet

·
Registered
448 Posts
I'm not sure but isn't the sub and the amp or whatever the fake noise is plugged into bolted down?
I just don't want to pull it and have it called illegal weight reduction like a lightweight battery is in bstreet

I thought so. "Not sure" wasn't the best choice of words. haha
"I don't recommend it" would have been better.

·
Premium Member
3,264 Posts
Quick question
Is it scca legal to remove the sub,foam, compressor,fix a flat ect from the rear of the car

I remove the rear headrest (have to in order to flat fold rear seats for tire transporting), cargo cover [ <-- left at the house | removed at race --> ], carpeted cargo floor, the "she-wee", tow hook and the right half of the foam and all of its content. I leave the left foam and sound parts since as mentioned it is physically secured to the car with that thumb screw thing.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I took the compressor & tools out, as well as the rear floor thing (that thing is HEAVY) for national events. otherwise I didn't care. I'm lazy and the less work I can do at events, the better.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I'm

What is the rubber hatch protector? I pull everything not clipped in and half the foam. Haven't done headrests though because I though it would be illegal ish
Like a Weathertech trunk liner thing. I left mine in for locals too, again... cause I'm lazy lol. Taking out the headrests is illegal. I always took mine out and threw them on the rear floor so I could reinstall at events. I never swapped tires AT local events, again... because I'm lazy :p

·
Registered
310 Posts
Like a Weathertech trunk liner thing. I left mine in for locals too, again... cause I'm lazy lol. Taking out the headrests is illegal. I always took mine out and threw them on the rear floor so I could reinstall at events. I never swapped tires AT local events, again... because I'm lazy :p
If someone protests headrests at a local. They are 100% douche canoe. I don't drive around with the back ones in most of the time. But I remember to put them back in for big events.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
162 Posts
I'm

What is the rubber hatch protector? I pull everything not clipped in and half the foam. Haven't done headrests though because I though it would be illegal ish

Its actually a gorilla gear vw hatch thing. Cut is nearly perfect in the focus. Didnt see a point including it with trade.

Low Carpet with velcro cargo blocks on one side, rubber on back.

1481 - 1500 of 2706 Posts
About this Discussion
2.7K Replies
189 Participants
DocWalt
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing