Ford Focus RS Forum banner
3181 - 3200 of 3226 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Wondering how hard is it to fit. I was having a hard time finding a tire guy to put 255 RT660 in 8" rims last season
I went to 5 local tire shops before finding a more racing oriented shop that mounts tires and they easily did it for me. Ask some of the guys you race with as someone knows someone if nothing else.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Do you really have the cable pinched like that under that plate? I have not seen how they are run personally but that could cause stress and increased resistance which electricity and wires do not like very much. pressure point and wiggling wire equate to eventual wire breakage.

·
Registered
2016 FoST | 2006 Evo MR
3 Posts
Apologies for n00bing it up here, but this forum software doesn't let me see more than 20 posts per page (unless I am missing something)...

What is the TL;DR for D-street (or B-street for the 2018s) setup?

In particular, are there any off-the-shelf-or-close shock setups that are street-class legal? Or is it just bar, lightweight wheels, tires and call it a day?

I have a FoST that I've run a few times in GS, and at yesterday's event I was watching the DS RS's run and thinking "those seem to rotate pretty well for street class". That said, it was also ~37 degrees out.

If there is any way I can dump this entire thread to PDF or something to read it faster.. that would be very helpful.

Thank you!

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
In particular, are there any off-the-shelf-or-close shock setups that are street-class legal? Or is it just bar, lightweight wheels, tires and call it a day?
In all of these years, I've only ever seen one set of custom assembled JRZ shocks on the OEM perches to compete in the Street class. This platform just doesn't have a lot of options. As far as setups, here's a tip from one of the more successful guys on this platform:

18x8 OZ wheels , 265/35/18 spicy 200 TW tire. Full send. Results may vary.

The CTR has passed the RS nationally, but it’s still a Fun car to autoX.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
458 Posts
I’m seeing a lot of the 2022 GR86’s showing up in DS this year. Will be interesting to see how well it competes with the CTR.
First national tour of the season was a few weeks ago And my friend in a DS BRZ smacked some pretty good CTR guys down , so maybe thats the new DS ticket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 FoST | 2006 Evo MR
3 Posts
Finally read the whole thread. Here are some posts that stood out as helpful

What car settings should I use

*The Autocross Thread
*The Autocross Thread
*The Autocross Thread
*The Autocross Thread
*The Autocross Thread

Wheel/tire sizes
* The Autocross Thread

Top PAX at an NWR event
* The Autocross Thread

16/17 vs 18

Tire size, FSB, and a rare JRZ related comment
* The Autocross Thread

JRZ again
* The Autocross Thread

Harnesses
* The Autocross Thread

Vorshlag build thread, need to get popcorn first
* Vorshlag Ford Focus RS Development Thread - Vorshlag Motorsports Forum

·
Registered
199 Posts
Man, thats a lot of reading you did there. I just dug through a couple of those links and remember so of it. The part about the Schroth harnesses is a great one, probably the single biggest difference for me besides tires.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah, just trying to help the next person :p

Having all the autocross knowledge in a single thread is pretty daunting. Like on EvoM, we have an annual "STU 2020", "STU 2021", etc thread that links back to the old ones. The FoST boards have a sticky specific to GS. There aren't a lot of FoRS running around but the board would probably benefit from having a distinct "BS/DS" thread and "STU" thread to compile knowledge. At least there are a lot less knobs to turn in street class.

(I don't even have an RS at this point, but every time I see all the local folks running theirs, it makes me want to upgrade the DD.)

edit: crap, there are two of me. I need to fix that

·
Registered
2017 SG RS1
1,582 Posts
Yeah, just trying to help the next person :p

Having all the autocross knowledge in a single thread is pretty daunting. Like on EvoM, we have an annual "STU 2020", "STU 2021", etc thread that links back to the old ones. The FoST boards have a sticky specific to GS. There aren't a lot of FoRS running around but the board would probably benefit from having a distinct "BS/DS" thread and "STU" thread to compile knowledge. At least there are a lot less knobs to turn in street class.

(I don't even have an RS at this point, but every time I see all the local folks running theirs, it makes me want to upgrade the DD.)

edit: crap, there are two of me. I need to fix that
It would be cool to have dedicated STU and DS/BS threads. Especially since I run in STU.

Reactions: BlakeS
3181 - 3200 of 3226 Posts