Ford Focus RS Forum banner

3021 - 3040 of 3062 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
I'm planning on picking up a set of 255/35 RE-71R's for the next autocross event as well. The PS4S did pretty well for a street tire, but everybody and their moms were running tw200 tires...

How about Advan Neova AD08 R?

·
Registered
2017 SG RS1
1,169 Posts
How about Advan Neova AD08 R?
Ooph! At $320 per tire, I think I'll stick with the RE-71R's, which are already at $230 a pop. Haha! Do the RE-71R's ever go on sale?

Reactions: nicklulu

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
They do.

Conti are decent as well.

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
I'm planning on picking up a set of 255/35 RE-71R's for the next autocross event as well. The PS4S did pretty well for a street tire, but everybody and their moms were running tw200 tires...
Same here except I’m on 400 tw all-seasons (Ironman iMove Gen 2‘s). You jealous ??? Ha ! I was going to get wheels and tires back in March but Covid uncertainty made me put it off till 2021. RedBaron has me thinking hard about the 265’s but will probably go with the 255’s.

At our last event, earlier this month, a guy in an Ecoboost Mustang took first in DS over a guy who trophied at nationals last year. Had 8 cars in the class.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Ooph! At $320 per tire, I think I'll stick with the RE-71R's, which are already at $230 a pop. Haha! Do the RE-71R's ever go on sale?
RE71s are going away. So buy a set soon. Or just jump to the 660s. (Falkens)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Picked up another set of 275/35/18 RE-71R tires today before their discontinued stock is depleted. The local Discount Tire was able to get them the same day.

Reactions: nicklulu and Slurve

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Picked up another set of 275/35/18 RE-71R tires today before their discontinued stock is depleted. The local Discount Tire was able to get them the same day.

275.... not on stock suspension?

·
Registered
2017 SG RS1
1,169 Posts
RE71s are going away. So buy a set soon. Or just jump to the 660s. (Falkens)

Think I remember hearing this at my last autocross event when discussing tires with Tom Berry. Dang... Guess I don't have time to wait for a sale on these...

Anybody have experience with the Falken RT660? They are cheaper than the RE-71R's right now ($200 vs $240).

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Reactions: nicklulu

·
Registered
415 Posts
Think I remember hearing this at my last autocross event when discussing tires with Tom Berry. Dang... Guess I don't have time to wait for a sale on these...

Anybody have experience with the Falken RT660? They are cheaper than the RE-71R's right now ($200 vs $240).
Buy the 660. They are basically the 71R. Maybe 5% better.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
It's too late now, but what about Yokos?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Thought I might post some videos of a rallysptint Kirk and I did in November, sharing my rs. It was an unusual rallysprint run under regs where we didn't need cages. It was at Sydney motorsport park. I came 35th out of 94 which was somewhere around 5th road reg car. Kirk was a tad behind at 9th. Thought it was ok for a daily driver.

We were pretty cautious as every corner exit had barriers and we are still figuring out when it will do that little sideways step at the rear.

·
Registered
2017 SG RS1
1,169 Posts
Heads up to anybody looking for a deal on some tw200 tires (or other types of tires). Not sure where I should be posting this, but figured it was relevant to this thread since I used this deal to grab a set of tires for autocross. Discount Tire Direct is having a flash sale (ends Tuesday) with up to $100 off a set of 4 on certain tires. I picked up a set of RT660s for about $700 before tax. A052s are also included in the $100 off category.

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discount Tire currently has a $70 instant savings on online orders for a full set of Bridgestones, FYI. Looks like it's good until 3/14 & available on both of their sites (discounttire.com & discounttiredirect.com).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Looking to pick up a set of wheels and tires for this season. The car is stock but I would like to shoot for a casual STU build in the long run based on what I use the car for. Looking at:

Enkei NT03+M 18x9.5 +40
265/35/18 200 tw (looking at the RT660? I was going to get the RE-71R but they appear to be going away?)

From my research here it appears this will fit but I am not 100% sure. I want to keep it to wheels and tires this season so if I have to downsize the tire to fit that will be the move. Any recommendations or confirmation would be appreciated.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Looking to pick up a set of wheels and tires for this season. The car is stock but I would like to shoot for a casual STU build in the long run based on what I use the car for. Looking at:

Enkei NT03+M 18x9.5 +40
265/35/18 200 tw (looking at the RT660? I was going to get the RE-71R but they appear to be going away?)

From my research here it appears this will fit but I am not 100% sure. I want to keep it to wheels and tires this season so if I have to downsize the tire to fit that will be the move. Any recommendations or confirmation would be appreciated.

·
Registered
415 Posts
A week away from the National Event season kicking off with a double header.

Took the week off. So it’s March,

Dixie tour 12-14
Tail of dragon 15-16
Charlotte Roval TNIA 17
Charlotte prosolo 18-19.

Full week of car amaze balls

·
Registered
295 Posts
An old video from 2019, probably on Kumho V720 (a solid performer for high-speed driving, that I don't recommend for autocross as they are a little too hard)

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Anybody experience this....? Ran the first time on the Falken 660’s this past weekend. Put down a couple of really good runs in the morning session but could only get within .3 of my best morning run in the afternoon. Temp in the morning was around 60* while afternoon was around 70*. Ran 37# front and 34# rear throughout which seemed to cover the tread. Surface was old, grippy concrete. Every event I’ve ever run (on other brands) I got better in the afternoon (even in August heat) unless it rained. Anybody familiar enough with these tires to know if that’s just the way their compound is ? Didn’t measure tread temp as it didn’t get much over 70* outside.

Thx

3021 - 3040 of 3062 Posts