Ford Focus RS Forum banner

2881 - 2892 of 2892 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Which area of SC/NC are you at. I'm in Eastern NC near Atlantic Beach. So far our local events here have been COVID cancelled. Sept is still on the schedule, but not sure the site will let it happen yet.
I'm in the Charleston area, and I see the next event in my chapter is in Columbia Aug 29th, but still TBD so that might be cancelled as well.

In Detroit there seemed to be several events less than an hour away, so I think I just moved to a less active area. Glad to see someone relatively close is active on here though.

·
Premium Member
3,445 Posts
@Atomicinternet when SCR had the Freestyle Music Park site I ran a couple events down there. I think it was last weekend they were at Darlington. Aug 29th I may be at the TTN in Jersey if there is no restrictions on travel there.

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
I've tried searching on this topic, but it's a bit difficult to search for. I'm pretty sure that this has been discussed earlier in the thread though.

Do any of you have the inner rear tire lift on some corners? If so, how did you address the issue? To me, adding a rear sway bar seems like it would make that condition worse, or am I wrong on that? Is it more a function of having good dampers/springs that can keep the tire planted? Would love to hear some thoughts on this relative to our cars.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I've tried searching on this topic, but it's a bit difficult to search for. I'm pretty sure that this has been discussed earlier in the thread though.

Do any of you have the inner rear tire lift on some corners? If so, how did you address the issue? To me, adding a rear sway bar seems like it would make that condition worse, or am I wrong on that? Is it more a function of having good dampers/springs that can keep the tire planted? Would love to hear some thoughts on this relative to our cars.
Literally every FWD bias car will pick up a inside rear tire. This platform really doesn’t like the bomb in to corners style. Brake early, power out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
812 Posts
Lift the rear why not both... This was with a front bar and 18 front shocks which are softer than the 16 and 17s. A front bar will help a lot, but not completely stop it from happening.

View attachment 343365
Shiver me timbers matey!
Is that the new Race Bike Ford announced last week? :)

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
Lift the rear why not both... This was with a front bar and 18 front shocks which are softer than the 16 and 17s. A front bar will help a lot, but not completely stop it from happening.
That's an awesome picture, thanks for the reply. Which front bar do you have? Any other suspension mods besides the upgraded OEM struts?

Literally every FWD bias car will pick up a inside rear tire. This platform really doesn’t like the bomb in to corners style. Brake early, power out.
For sure, I definitely get it. Last year was my first full season in auto-x & I overdrove the piss out of the car. This year my goal has been to get better at not doing that, to drive the car with more momentum. If tire wear is any indicator, I think I've gotten better at it so I'm not sure if it's even still happening on my car.

The reason I ask though is that there was an RS at an event that I recently attended & he was lifting his inner rear tire on every single corner, every time. He was also badly overdriving the car, so it's understandable. But we talked later & he mentioned that he wanted to get a rear sway bar to correct the issue. Driving style aside, that didn't seem like the right approach, & it sounds like a front sway bar may be the right way to go to help keep that tire on the ground. Is that right?

·
Registered
1 Posts
It is. With covid happening, the convention parking lot is available.

This was last Sunday...

Ended first in class and 3rd overall FTD with 130 competitors.
How did you get brake pressure on the datalog? I just bought the bluetooth OBDlink but I don't see that option on the logger

2881 - 2892 of 2892 Posts