Ford Focus RS Forum banner

2841 - 2860 of 2887 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,445 Posts
I don't think it will be drift I have could track mode is quickest although I would prefer it with the softer suspension setting. The car seems more settled in sport
So use track mode and set the suspension to normal mode.

And wow, you are replying to so old pre-delivery post there.

·
Premium Member
3,313 Posts
SDRSCCA is still has no events as San Diego and Lake Elsinore events are shutdown by covid.......

Fun Times!

·
Premium Member
3,445 Posts
Anyone else join the SCCA webinar last night? Looks like SoloNats will be a bit different from the normal, still possible to be cancelled if Lincoln health department does not like the SCCA processes, the processes can't be adapted to meet Lincoln's requirements or they feel members that show will not follow Lincoln's rules for separation and such. Likely to be an * year in any case. But they did commit that if cancelled, by them or the member, 100% refund. Very fluid process as things change and update, possible whole states could be barred from the event if Lincoln or NB puts travel/quarantine restrictions in place.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Have you ever ran the rivals flipped?
Only if you want to suck. Those don’t flip well. I would only do it, if it was really a $ deal and trying to get to the end of a season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
86 Posts
Flipped RE71s suck too. I have trophied at a national event on flipped BFGs. I personally think flipped BFG are a lot better than flipped RE71s as long as it's not wet. Granted they both sorta suck. Brand new BFGs in the rain are terrifying, flipped BFGs in the rain is a death sentence

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Flipped RE71s suck too. I have trophied at a national event on flipped BFGs. I personally think flipped BFG are a lot better than flipped RE71s as long as it's not wet. Granted they both sorta suck.
I took a look at my personal autox results. FTD 4x on the 1st set of RE71s before dismounting and flipping them side/side (after 51 runs), then another FTD 4x afterwards. No issues here.

I was only able to achieve 97 runs on the RE71s before discarding them. Has anybody got a higher autox run count on a set of RE71s?

·
Registered
73 Posts
It’s not that I want to suck, it’s that I just suck.. I was getting gapped by 1-2 seconds by leeder and tamadx all last year, so I don’t think flipping will make or break me lol.

Not sure if gosefroba is a bfg salesman or not but he’s doing a good job selling me on them. Also curious on the falkens cause they’re so cheap..

Hank, i got something like ~180 on re71rs.. don’t remember the exact count but it was up there. I run them till they cord or chunk tho, so I’m still using them long after they’re “dead”. I think the fact the majority of my runs are not on concrete definitely helps

·
Registered
355 Posts
I took a look at my personal autox results. FTD 4x on the 1st set of RE71s before dismounting and flipping them side/side (after 51 runs), then another FTD 4x afterwards. No issues here.

I was only able to achieve 97 runs on the RE71s before discarding them. Has anybody got a higher autox run count on a set of RE71s?
Which club are you getting 8 FTDs from a DS car??

Run count ; I’ve gotten 120-130 from a set. But I typically dump them prior to that as MaX grip is more important then lifespan for me.

·
Registered
57 Posts

Run count ; I’ve gotten 120-130 from a set. But I typically dump them prior to that as MaX grip is more important then lifespan for me.

He is STU or SM or something.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
86 Posts
It’s not that I want to suck, it’s that I just suck.. I was getting gapped by 1-2 seconds by leeder and tamadx all last year, so I don’t think flipping will make or break me lol.

Not sure if gosefroba is a bfg salesman or not but he’s doing a good job selling me on them. Also curious on the falkens cause they’re so cheap..

Hank, i got something like ~180 on re71rs.. don’t remember the exact count but it was up there. I run them till they cord or chunk tho, so I’m still using them long after they’re “dead”. I think the fact the majority of my runs are not on concrete definitely helps
Not a sales person for BFG lol. I have both RE71s and BFGs. If its hot I run the BFGs and if its damp and/or cold I run the RE71s

Speaking of tires I have been hearing rumors of tire sales people over at tirerack doing some tire testing and my wallet might hate me. Sport cup 240s was told they were faster than the yokos, but waiting for others to test them before I drop 1300 dollars on these

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I run in SM with Cenla, Delta, Sowela, and Red River SCCA clubs in Louisiana. I'm typically anywhere from 3 to 6 seconds faster than the fastest DS car at local events. Closest a fellow RS owner in DS has come to my time is about 3 seconds.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I run in SM with Cenla, Delta, Sowela, and Red River SCCA clubs in Louisiana. I'm typically anywhere from 3 to 6 seconds faster than the fastest DS car at local events. Closest a fellow RS owner in DS has come to my time is about 3 seconds.
You should make some bigger events then. Bigger pond helps you get better.

- btw. That Cenla SCCA website is freaking awesome.

·
Premium Member
3,313 Posts
Good to hear you guys have events going

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Autox 07/12/20 Results. More information here.

Notes:
  • Fastest Time of the Day out of 50 drivers by 0.178 seconds. 1st in SM by 4.558 seconds.
  • Potenza RE-71R tires at 34F/20R tire pressures hot. -3.1F/-2.9R camber. Zero toe F/R.
  • Suspension settings still the same.
  • Vehicle race weight = 3180 lb (just below 1/4 tank of fuel, no driver).
  • RE-71R tires are now at 35 runs.
  • Total of 207 launches on the stock clutch.
  • Odometer 5838 miles today. Trailered my RS to the event.

Reactions: ControlNode

·
Registered
355 Posts
Autox 07/12/20 Results. More information here.

Notes:
  • Fastest Time of the Day out of 50 drivers by 0.178 seconds. 1st in SM by 4.558 seconds.
  • Potenza RE-71R tires at 34F/20R tire pressures hot. -3.1F/-2.9R camber. Zero toe F/R.
  • Suspension settings still the same.
  • Vehicle race weight = 3180 lb (just below 1/4 tank of fuel, no driver).
  • RE-71R tires are now at 35 runs.
  • Total of 207 launches on the stock clutch.
  • Odometer 5838 miles today. Trailered my RS to the event.
You got to find a bigger pond.

So just for comparison. SM beat GS at packwood this weekend by 10 full seconds.

·
Premium Member
3,313 Posts
You got to find a bigger pond.

So just for comparison. SM beat GS at packwood this weekend by 10 full seconds.

He is running out of ponds...

2841 - 2860 of 2887 Posts