Ford Focus RS Forum banner

2781 - 2795 of 2795 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Track. With ESC fully off. Flat concrete leave shocks in sport. If it’s a busted up parking lot, soften shocks to normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I second this. Track mode, hold the ESC button for forever until it turns off, and leave the dampers on stiff. We have a decent lot so I leave them on.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks a lot. Thought Drift might help create some desired oversteer. Sounds like this car is more of the point-and-shoot variety.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Thanks a lot. Thought Drift might help create some desired oversteer. Sounds like this car is more of the point-and-shoot variety.
Drift is too slow moving the power, autoX is quick quick quick.

The “how too” drive this car quick in autoX in 4words = .Back on gas soon. The Magic diff words best under full power, so the quicker back to power the better the car works.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
So what setting are y’all finding to work best..... Sport, Track, or Drift ?
I use Track mode with the sport dampers turned off. I have to do that because I have the MCS TT1 suspension with aftermarket shocks. Also have ESC "turned off" by holding it down until the progress bar stops. It's not fully off, though.

·
Registered
62 Posts
CTR edged him by a tenth. Great run anyway, David. I guess we have to hope for rain at Nationals, right? ;)

Looks like its gonna be an uphill battle. Seems like a couple of the fast RS guys are leaving DS.. but at least so did Mike Leeder. lol

Sundays course was just a fast speed track. No digs. That benefits the CTR a lot - disappointed for sure.

Either way good job! You definitely made 'em work for it.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Looks like its gonna be an uphill battle. Seems like a couple of the fast RS guys are leaving DS.. but at least so did Mike Leeder. lol

Either way good job! You definitely made 'em work for it.
Interesting, are the RS guys going STU or leaving platform all together?

·
Registered
73 Posts
@gosefroba Are you still running the 245/40s? still like them better than 255/265? Did you notice any difference in top speed in 2nd gear?
So, I have two sets 245 40 18 BFGs and 255 35 18 RE71s. Both mounted stand the exact same height. I personally like the BFGs but they don't make it in a 255 or 265. The gearing is better in the 245s get an extra like 3mph

2781 - 2795 of 2795 Posts