Ford Focus RS Forum banner

2761 - 2766 of 2766 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
SCCA Hawaii had their 8th event for the 2019-2020 season. I was able to pull through with a win in D Street against two Subaru STIs and a co-driven Civic Type R. It was raining pretty hard! I initially ran 30/30 square. After my 2nd run I jumped up to 36psi square and was able to pull my fastest run of the day in the pouring rain. I did sound off the decibel meter, though. I'm usually around 97 decibels, but I want to have some sort of fix I can perform during events and remove when I leave. I have an AgencyPower exhaust system that is 3" in diameter with no muffler or resonator. I was planning on buying some chicken wire to be used as a baffle in order to be easily removed. What set off the decibel meter was a loud pop that the RS is known for. Does anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Autox 01/19/20 Results. More information here.

Notes:
  • Fastest Time of the Day out of 61 drivers by 0.023 seconds. 1st in SM by 0.355 seconds. Even beat the Jr cart driver. ;)
  • Same RS setup as before. 3200 lb estimated weight today (1/2 tank).
  • RE-71R tires are now at 97 runs. They are DONE.
  • Odometer 5622 miles today. Drove to the event (10 miles from home).
My best run:

·
Registered
145 Posts
For those of you running 255/35r18 RE71Rs on stock width rim what did you guys or the shop do to get the bead to seat? I had two shops locally give up today and couldnt get the bead to seat. I know they say you should have an 8.5 wide wheel but I've seen evidence in this thread of guys doing it so it must be possible.

·
Registered
60 Posts
For those of you running 255/35r18 RE71Rs on stock width rim what did you guys or the shop do to get the bead to seat? I had two shops locally give up today and couldnt get the bead to seat. I know they say you should have an 8.5 wide wheel but I've seen evidence in this thread of guys doing it so it must be possible.
I just got some local guys here in Hawaii to do it. I’m set up with 255/35/18 on 18”x8” +45 RE71Rs. The guy who did it for me said it was really hard to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
321 Posts
SCCA Hawaii had their 8th event for the 2019-2020 season. I was able to pull through with a win in D Street against two Subaru STIs and a co-driven Civic Type R. It was raining pretty hard! I initially ran 30/30 square. After my 2nd run I jumped up to 36psi square and was able to pull my fastest run of the day in the pouring rain. I did sound off the decibel meter, though. I'm usually around 97 decibels, but I want to have some sort of fix I can perform during events and remove when I leave. I have an AgencyPower exhaust system that is 3" in diameter with no muffler or resonator. I was planning on buying some chicken wire to be used as a baffle in order to be easily removed. What set off the decibel meter was a loud pop that the RS is known for. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Put the mufflers back on. Sites are hard to keep. Sound is a big reason we lose them.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Put the mufflers back on. Sites are hard to keep. Sound is a big reason we lose them.

Trust me, you don’t have to convince me about keeping in line with the decibel meter and keeping a site. But I don’t have the luxury of buying mufflers and having someone install them for me. I spoke with some CAM guys and they were able to give me an answer.

2761 - 2766 of 2766 Posts