Ford Focus RS Forum banner

Would you go to the Octane Academy if it was offered for the RS?

• Yes I'd go!

Votes: 255 92.4%
  • Maybe, if there's food

Votes: 16 5.8%
  • No I wouldnt.

Votes: 5 1.8%

• Total voters
781 - 800 of 802 Posts

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
They aren't doing the go carts this year. Something about not coming to an agreement with the vendor they previously used or something. I cannot remember exactly.

We got out around 4:30-5pm on May 3rd. Shame it wasn't longer!
That blowsssss

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,375 Posts
did any of you opt out of the liability insurance ?
I did not get the insurance. Only 1 in my group did and he didn't need it.
Personally I think it is a waste of money unless you do something really stupid.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Personally I think it is a waste of money unless you do something really stupid.
I opted for it and didn't need it.

I did lose a tire on the right front while on track which almost caused an off.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
I opted for it and didn't need it.

I did lose a tire on the right front while on track which almost caused an off.
You would think those cars are inspected daily by ford. Was it debris that killed the tire?

Either way even without insurance I can’t imagine you would be held liable for a mechanical failure. Insurance or not.

·
Registered
715 Posts
You would think those cars are inspected daily by ford. Was it debris that killed the tire?

Either way even without insurance I can’t imagine you would be held liable for a mechanical failure. Insurance or not.
Not sure, it lost air pretty quickly, but didn't pop. They had a replacement car out immediately and took care of the tire. All day, it was the only "failure" I saw.

I don't know how it would be treated if I did go off and hit something, proving that the flat tire was not a result of the accident, but what caused the accident. FWIW, someone did stuff a car into one of the barriers at the autox a week before.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Not sure, it lost air pretty quickly, but didn't pop. They had a replacement car out immediately and took care of the tire. All day, it was the only "failure" I saw.

I don't know how it would be treated if I did go off and hit something, proving that the flat tire was not a result of the accident, but what caused the accident. FWIW, someone did stuff a car into one of the barriers at the autox a week before.
You have got me all twisted, now I'm cotemplating about my choice to opt out.... :hypnotysed:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am on the waiting list to attend. I will be flying in only to attend the RS academy. Is is possible to use UBER for all my local travel purposes (SLC, hotel, academy) or is it necessary to get a rental?

Thank you

·
Registered
337 Posts
I am on the waiting list to attend. I will be flying in only to attend the RS academy. Is is possible to use UBER for all my local travel purposes (SLC, hotel, academy) or is it necessary to get a rental?

Thank you
Tooele is about 30-40 min from SLC airport, track is about 10-15 min from the Comfort Inn, which makes for a quite a bit of Uber expense and not sure how long you might wait for an Uber in Tooele. While you could Uber for all your transfers, if you're only going for a night or two, it's worth getting the cheapest rental you can find to get you around. Good luck, hope you get the call.

·
Premium Member
2,493 Posts
Tooele is about 30-40 min from SLC airport, track is about 10-15 min from the Comfort Inn, which makes for a quite a bit of Uber expense and not sure how long you might wait for an Uber in Tooele. While you could Uber for all your transfers, if you're only going for a night or two, it's worth getting the cheapest rental you can find to get you around. Good luck, hope you get the call.
On the waiting list for next year.

I'll look for a Fiesta as a rental.

·
Super Moderator
15,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #796

·
Registered
30 Posts
10-17-18 is the date of my class at Ford Performance RS Adrenaline Academy
I bought the car in May, this was the soonest I could get in, I can not wait !

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
I've kind of ignored this for a long time. I purchased a MY17 in July of 2016 and have never received a communication from Ford about the Adrenaline Academy, nor did I receive that box containing the shift knob. It's like I don't exist, maybe it's all a dream and I really own a 1975 Ford Pinto. Anybody else like this? I exist on owner.ford.com though as an RS owner. Can @FordService help with this?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,234 Posts
Contact your dealer, they're supposed to get all the communication to Ford and get you in the system properly, they'll help you get the welcome pack and invite.

I've kind of ignored this for a long time. I purchased a MY17 in July of 2016 and have never received a communication from Ford about the Adrenaline Academy, nor did I receive that box containing the shift knob. It's like I don't exist, maybe it's all a dream and I really own a 1975 Ford Pinto. Anybody else like this? I exist on owner.ford.com though as an RS owner. Can @FordService help with this?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,428 Posts
Contact your dealer, they're supposed to get all the communication to Ford and get you in the system properly, they'll help you get the welcome pack and invite.
Yup. Salesman/dealer problem, not FoMoCo. These g damn stealers are fukheads.

781 - 800 of 802 Posts